X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Picked up another CD-Rom2 system that although in lovely condition was faulty and not working. Took it to bits when it got here and as expected, the middle gear on the drive had fallen to bits. Stuck a new gear in it from eBay gave the drive a wee grease and badda-bing badda-boom, it's now a lovely condition fully working system. Saves me the hassle of retro brighting the first one I picked up, so that can go to eBay. Chuffed
      What’s the price you have in mind for the CD rom 2? I have a lot of H202 that needs using up! (Altho probably not the requisitely deep pockets…)

Comment

I’m not sure to be honest, I’ll just stick it on eBay and see what it goes for.

Comment

Nice one [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] ... bet it feels good taking a punt and finding a simple fix

Comment

Absolutely mate. To find one fully boxed in this condition had it been fully functional I guarantee it would've come with a silly price tag, but to get it fully operational for under £150 seemed like a great result to me. the CD-Rom2 and the IFU are both in excellent condition, the box and paperwork are nice and all the serial numbers match so it's a genuine set.

Comment

Great work on spotting a likely easy fix and knowing where to start troubleshooting it - a deserved result!

Package from my proxy and another from trading on here arrived within the space of a day, leading to things getting a bit silly.

Comment

Jesus bro

Comment

I’ll never tire of how much better you make me feel about my own spending mate, awesome stuff.

Comment

Wow, that's an incredible set of pick ups dude.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Package from my proxy and another from trading on here arrived within the space of a day, leading to things getting a bit silly.
                      bloody hell, someone isn't eating well this month. Wow, lovely set of games you got there, none of which are relatively cheap items.

Comment

Recent arrivals -

Latest Remute album this time it’s for the C64. It would be be good if I had a working C64….

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Great work on spotting a likely easy fix and knowing where to start troubleshooting it - a deserved result!

Some amazing haul you got there. SeGaGaGa the pick of the lot for me.

Comment

So rarely buy games now but do enjoy popping into this thread! Brings back memories.

Can't remember last game I bought for old systems. Think it might have been Star Gladiator on PS1!

Comment

A few PC Engine demo discs arrived today. I'm going for a full set of the hyper catalogue discs. So far I have volumes 1 to 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                A few PC Engine demo discs arrived today. I'm going for a full set of the hyper catalogue discs.
                                Glad I'm not the only one who likes acquiring old demo discs, I nearly bought a little job lot of the Japanese Sega Saturn Flash demos when I was finishing up my online flea market orders for shipping a few days back. Got me tempted into thinking "I could gradually build up a full set of them" until I saw some of the later discs go for over £40 a pop... maybe not then.

Really do miss the era of demo discs, I know you can just download the demos now but I was actually compelled to try games that I probably wouldn't bother to download just on the basis that they were already there. Even rubbish-looking sports games.

Comment

Working...
                                X