No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time, sourcing the hardware, learning the process... It is quite involved I'd say.

But I'll want to adapt all my NTSC-J Super Famicom RPGs some day so...

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Fair play.

How about games with special chips, is it possible say to swap the ROM from a game like Star Ocean? I'm not asking your friend to do it, just if it can be done.
      Yeah, it can be done.

Comment

Picked up another Saturn, this time the grey edition to bring back to the UK. This is definately a machine I appreciate more with age.

Comment

But that box is a model 2 Saturn of which were (normally) white.

Comment

Sorry, as in grey, I meant white (actually it isn't really white at all and closer to the Dreamcast "white"). Have a model one unit so figure I needed a back up for moving home.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Love that the box looks like the eco-boxes that you get these days with minimal inking and none of yer glossy finish or expensive spot varnishing (think Edge magazine matt/gloss covers of old) that you sometimes see on other console boxes and expensive gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                Love that the box looks like the eco-boxes that you get these days with minimal inking and none of yer glossy finish or expensive spot varnishing (think Edge magazine matt/gloss covers of old) that you sometimes see on other console boxes and expensive gadgets.
                Funnily enough, the original SCPH-1000 PlayStation had a similar box styling.

Comment

A few cheap pick ups today and one not so cheap one..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    The original Flash Saturn came in those boxes. They changed it to white later.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Since i'm on a hardware kick lately : New console, don't know if this classifies as retro but well you know, very happy to get this one finally into my collection. (sorry for the crappy pic)

Comment

Lovely system the Orta Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post
                          Since i'm on a hardware kick lately : New console, don't know if this classifies as retro but well you know, very happy to get this one finally into my collection. (sorry for the crappy pic)

Love this special edition, they were a really limited release if i remember correctly. Always wanted a Kasumi one but have never got round to tracking one down.

Comment

Iirc the Orta was originally limited to 999 units, only available from Sega D-Direct. Then another 50 were added due to demand, with a few further units set aside as spares in case of defects.

May I be cheeky and ask what it set you back? No pb if that's private info only! (Have a new one I've been considering parting with.)

Edit - Did you get the pendant with it?
                            Last edited by wheelaa; 13-11-2015, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post

That's lovely, am not one for Ltd Edt console releases as some are quite awful..but I do like this one.

Comment

That is a nice XB, get some better close up pics up

Comment

Working...
                                X