Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. Incredible haul.

Comment

Firstly, some 360 goodness. Mostly revisiting old favourites play wise (inc all things Splinter Cell), but also trying FPS boost on Series X. I am also trying Assassins Creed again. I gave up on it back in the day because I found it irritating. Still irritates, but I am persisting.

And I’m still picking up the odd OG Xbox game… these have come in surprisingly good condition via Vinted and eBay.

Last edited by egparadigm; 05-08-2023, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
        Well opening my delivery took away the pain of the 70 customs charge , really happy to have snagged a decent copy of Burning Paper on gameboy, underrated gem of a game.

Few music cds in this time to , Terra Cresta being one of the most iconic tunes of my youth.

Great stuff I love arcade soccer style artwork like that Final Stage.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
          Well opening my delivery took away the pain of the 70 customs charge , really happy to have snagged a decent copy of Burning Paper on gameboy, underrated gem of a game.
          That GB version of Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger goes for quite a bit! Looks like a solid port of it too, I was looking at it recently as I love the Neo-Geo version.

Comment

Probably the wrong place to post it, but can anyone help me out with a PS2 problem I’m having?

I’m on a trinitron CRT, and plugging in an RGB scart cable into an unmodded PAL PS2. I’m getting everything tinted green, at all times (not just DVD,s, but on the menu and in game too)

I’ve also tried the cable on a modded slim PS2, on a different LCD TV- same problem. And yes, the PS2 is set to RGB and not component.

I plugged the PS2 scart cable into a second scart socket on the TV, which doesn’t support full RGB, and the same cable works fine- albeit at composite/S-Video level.

Am I right in thinking this is probably a cable issue, seeing as it’s the same on two PS2’s and TV’s? I’m pretty sure it was a cheap one off eBay from many years ago, but I’m sure it was full RGB at some point, or I wouldn’t have kept it. Possible it’s just broke over time and cable needs replacement?
            [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] as the resident PS guru, I’m paging you

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              Probably the wrong place to post it, but can anyone help me out with a PS2 problem I’m having?

I’m on a trinitron CRT, and plugging in an RGB scart cable into an unmodded PAL PS2. I’m getting everything tinted green, at all times (not just DVD,s, but on the menu and in game too)

I’ve also tried the cable on a modded slim PS2, on a different LCD TV- same problem. And yes, the PS2 is set to RGB and not component.

I plugged the PS2 scart cable into a second scart socket on the TV, which doesn’t support full RGB, and the same cable works fine- albeit at composite/S-Video level.

Am I right in thinking this is probably a cable issue, seeing as it’s the same on two PS2’s and TV’s? I’m pretty sure it was a cheap one off eBay from many years ago, but I’m sure it was full RGB at some point, or I wouldn’t have kept it. Possible it’s just broke over time and cable needs replacement?
              [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] as the resident PS guru, I’m paging you
              Go into the system menu and change the video type from YPbPr/component to RGB.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Go into the system menu and change the video type from YPbPr/component to RGB.
                Yep, I said that in the post- weirdly it IS set to RGB

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Yep, I said that in the post- weirdly it IS set to RGB
                  Oh right, my bad. Sounds like the cable then indeed. You could pop the SCART plug open and inspect for broken joints I guess?

Comment

Does the PS2 even do DVD playback in RGB? Isn’t the green tint standard?

It’s the same on all my consoles. Always has been, and the reason I never used it for DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Does the PS2 even do DVD playback in RGB? Isn’t the green tint standard?

It’s the same on all my consoles. Always has been, and the reason I never used it for DVDs.
                      It can with a modchip or modified DVD playing software. The green tint is standard for DVD playback but MrKirov is having issues globally.

Comment

I can’t remember trying component, but then the quality isn’t going to be quite as good as SCART.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          It can with a modchip or modified DVD playing software. The green tint is standard for DVD playback but MrKirov is having issues globally.
                          Aha yeah, skipped that bit. ��

Comment

I have owned scart cables with a switch on them to avoid green screen on dvds, but I think it just switches to composite… not that this helps solve this issue cited!

@MrKirov, I take it your PS2 is plugged straight into the TV? Could it have a modchip with a setting that’s gone awry?
                            Last edited by egparadigm; 06-08-2023, 14:59.

Comment

So cliff notes version;

The green screen is everywhere. Annoyingly the picture looks great and sharp apart from the green

- unmodded Pal Phat PS2 - set to RGB
                              - plugged directly into Full RGB scart socket on the Trinitron
                              - modded slim Pal PS2 - set to RGB, no settings or anything changes on the mod chip, plugged into different LCD TV, with RGB scart socket

I ordered a cheap supposed full RGB cable from EBay (from the feedback not the listing) so we shall see what happens. Seems like the e cable is biffed, hoping that it anyway ..!

Comment

I have a few nice titles due to arrive this week if shipping and customs are nice to me, but the first thing to arrive is PC Genjin 3. A bit surprising to me that I've managed to get this one first before the other two in the series, but nice condition copies of all three seem a little thin on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X