Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You tease!

What are the grail titles you're still looking for? (Asking for a friend lol)

Comment

Grail was probably an excessive choice of words, as I'd had a few beers. They're all obtainable, and I've had them all before, but getting back in to this there's probably only half a dozen or so titles I'm willing to pay bigger money for. (And I'll have to) I've managed to get three so far, but the biggest pain will be finding an original Sapphire again.

Comment

Aaahhhh, Sapphire. So good, a certain piece of **** had to bootleg it at least twice!

Comment

Was going through a few things and I found I sold my last mint copy for about £280. I’ll get it for about that price again, right?
          Last edited by Colin; 13-08-2023, 18:35.

Comment

When was that? I sold a sealed copy for £240 back in March 2007.

Comment

Around 2004, bought from VGI for £250.

Comment

Well damn, that was a good price. (Not for me lol.)

Comment

I am pretty open that I'm still learning when it comes to the full range of the PCE library, and there's a mixture of intrigue and trepidation when there's talk of spendy titles that are actually worth it

Comment

Weren't there some half decent repros of Sapphire kicking around? Not the same but, y'know ...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Weren't there some half decent repros of Sapphire kicking around? Not the same but, y'know ...
                      They are 95% excellent copies but won't bridge that psychological chasm

Comment

Wave was kind of them to send me an anniversary 50% off coupon the other week so couldn't turn it down so these arrived today.

Always a pleasure to switch the dreamcast on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

That link has details about the historic fakes that have been doing the rounds for 20 years or so (or more).

More recently, there is all that, I can't even type the name, I'm referring to the recent repro 'LEs', and 'boxsets', and whatever other garbage.

Same guy behind both.

Sorry, same scammer and thief behind both. You see, for the former, he used to sell them as legit copies to unsuspecting buyers.

Comment

Well, my current run of packages from Japan getting through customs continues, which is a relief as I seem to be on a wee spree right now.

Lets get the two big guns out of the way first. As I mentioned when I'd had a wee tipple the other night, these two just cost me over double what I sold them for when I got out of all this ten years ago. It hurt for sure, but I've been trying to remind myself that I once owned certain Neo Geo games that cost me a pittance, yet when I purchased them again years later they were a small fortune but I seemed to deal with that well enough!

First up it's Tatsujin. I flipping love this on PC Engine and this will probably be the second most expensive game I buy on my list of wants for the system. It's a game that always kicks my arse, but I can just never help coming back for more. Delighted to have this one back!

Then it's another rare one, and another great shmup, Terra Cresta II. Great game this, probably doesn't get as much love as a lot of the big name titles on the system so maybe goes under the radar a bit more, but definitely should be at the top of anyones playlists.

Thankfully the other two games from Japan weren't eye watering to buy, but another two great additions to my expanding PCE shooter collection. First it's Sidearms, just an absolute classic bit of arcade action in my book. Still looks fantastic to my eyes and plays brilliantly.

And to finish it's another that probably doesn't get talked about much, but I've always found it to be an enjoyable wee cutesy shooter, Toy Shop Boys. And fair play to the guy in Japan I've been buying these from, he really does find stuff that's in lovely condition.

So yeah, there you have it for my big spendy week. I'm kind of hoping that nothing I'm after will appear for a while now, but with some of these titles it's definitely been buy while I can as you never know when another tidy copy will pop up!

Comment

Great pickups - big sigh of relief that the two big boys are already on my radar

Comment

Unreal pick ups, really need to give Terra Cresta II a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X