No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, should be safe for a while on the big purchases now. Sapphire is unlikely to rear its head any time soon, and I doubt a Magical Chase PC Engine Fan edition will either. So that leaves a minty complete Dracula X as the only other bigger priced game to find, which is probably the one most likely to come available at some point.

Comment

Rescued this from work today. Don’t really have a lot of use for it at prez but I couldn’t see it go in a skip

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Yeah, should be safe for a while on the big purchases now. Sapphire is unlikely to rear its head any time soon, and I doubt a Magical Chase PC Engine Fan edition will either. So that leaves a minty complete Dracula X as the only other bigger priced game to find, which is probably the one most likely to come available at some point.
        How are you beating import duties? Are you asking them to undervalue packages for you? I don’t know many sites that do this these days, most refuse.

Comment

Same as everyone else I suppose, luck of the draw. The last couple of parcels I’ve had from Japan have been marked lower value, but I didn’t ask the seller to do it, it was their choice.

Comment

The lesson for this week is, never state confidently that you're in the clear from any other big purchases for the month as the titles you're looking for are highly unlikely to turn up anywhere. There may just be someone lurking in the shadows like the merchant from Resident Evil ready to prove you wrong!

I didn't think the second print run of Magical Chase, my preferred version from PC Engine Fan, would be finding it's way in to my collection any time soon yet here it is. A massive thanks to [MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION] for sorting this one out for me, even if my wallet isn't quite as grateful.

Hopefully nothing else will appear this month of the higher priced games I'm after.

Comment

Ooof, your wallet must have taken a battering recently! Nice pick ups though
              Last edited by phillv85; 16-08-2023, 16:58.

Comment

Yeah, it’s been a bit on the hefty side! Luckily, I only pay myself from the business once a year and these have all appeared in pay month. (And the business just had a really good year)

Comment

A massive thanks to @wheelaa for sorting this one out for me, even if my wallet isn't quite as grateful.
                  Beautiful pick up. Think I got off a bit lighter than you did this time, but I also had a run in

Comment

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the man’s sellotape hang tabs? IYKYK.

Comment

This should, I think, be the last one for a while.

A game that should need no introduction, Devil Crash is just absolutely pure class, and always a game I regularly play. Ok, the obsessive in me is having to be restrained as the front jewel case on this copy has been replaced meaning no original silver sticker on front, but to be honest it always annoyed me anyway, why obscure such brilliant artwork?

It had never really occurred to me until recently despite how many times I've held a copy of this in my hands, but has anyone ever noticed it looks like a young Liv Tyler?

Comment

Never been big into the PCE but that game is a masterpiece

Comment

I love Devil Crash.

In very tangentially related news, Xenotilt, the sequel to recent Naxat homage Demon's Tilt, came out on Steam in Early Access today.

But I am buuuuuummed about it, cos this time around there's no Mac version, at least not yet

Comment

Latest pickups. The first lot all a bit cheaper than is typical. I recall Syberia in particular, just a pound (elsewhere £5 more typical).

RDR was in very nice condition, and I felt obligated to get Lost Planet which was in a remarkably minty state. Bonus that both are backwards compatible on Series X. Unfortunately the resolution on FC3 is appallingly low, despite the boosted frame rate. Apparently it’s 704p or some such bull****. You can literally see the pixels on anything in the middle distance, it’s that bad.

Last edited by egparadigm; 18-08-2023, 21:48.

Comment

This should, I think, be the last one for a while.

A game that should need no introduction, Devil Crash is just absolutely pure class, and always a game I regularly play. Ok, the obsessive in me is having to be restrained as the front jewel case on this copy has been replaced meaning no original silver sticker on front, but to be honest it always annoyed me anyway, why obscure such brilliant artwork?

It had never really occurred to me until recently despite how many times I've held a copy of this in my hands, but has anyone ever noticed it looks like a young Liv Tyler?

Both slightly cross-eyed, I guess?

Comment

Needed something to play the new Remute cart on.

Just waiting for the scart cable to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X