No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I myself prefer the Mountain Dew fluorescent green one.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I myself prefer the Mountain Dew fluorescent green one.
      yep, nothing better than a nuclear pissgreen console

Comment

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post
        Since i'm on a hardware kick lately : New console, don't know if this classifies as retro but well you know, very happy to get this one finally into my collection. (sorry for the crappy pic)

Is that an early model of the Xbox or a later one like the crystal, lovely design but if it's an early model you'll need to take it apart and sort out the leaking battery issue that occurs with time on the original model.

Lovely thing guessing you paid around the ?700 mark as that's what the last couple did on ebay. Shame Orta's the weakest in the series but at least we got a 4th installment before Sega gave up on it.

Comment

Shame Orta's the weakest in the series but at least we got a 4th installment before Sega gave up on
          I think it's better than Zwei and myself .

Anway lovely pick up did it come with the necklace?

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
            Iirc the Orta was originally limited to 999 units, only available from Sega D-Direct. Then another 50 were added due to demand, with a few further units set aside as spares in case of defects.

May I be cheeky and ask what it set you back? No pb if that's private info only! (Have a new one I've been considering parting with.)

Edit - Did you get the pendant with it?
            Yeah i got the pendant with it it's brand new as i woulden't have bought it otherwise if it weren't included, i just toke a quick picture after i tested the console so forgot to include it. I paid 650? inc shipping from france for it. By all means not the greatest price but i doubt i would get it much cheaper especially since this one isen't yellowed and pretty much in exellent condition overall, so i figured now is the time to get an orta xbox.

Now i just need a navi saturn and a white game gear and i'm all set on the hardware side of things hopefully 2016 will be as good as 2015 was.

Comment

Curious how much value a bit of white plastic will add to a console that you can barely give away now.

Comment

Congrats. Lovely item, and that strikes me as a great price too. Awesomesauce all round.

Good luck on the Navi hunt. Finding consoles complete with all the trimmings (so many bits of paper, misc leads, screws, baggies etc) is really hard now imo. Probably just as hard to find a complete screen too (although there are not so many trimmings in that box). And as for the TV Tuner...I only know of 2, possibly 3 boxed examples, and 3 loose ones (and I've been keeping a keen eye on Navis for well over a decade now)...so yeah good luck!

Comment

Few recent pickups

Courtesy of dyer60, I'm really happy to finally pick these up, especially cup 98, been after these for years and the only English Pocket games i've never owned.

Comment

Cool Genocide and G2 pick ups! Not such a great game, especially the 1st one but still really cool to own. I once had the SFC version of G2.

Comment

Two's definitely better than the first, which is far too difficult.

Comment

Is that Cup98 the exclusive English b/w version? Congrats on getting it if so. I got mine cheap-ish from Spain many moons ago, from a seller who spoke no English. Now that was an interesting experience heh...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Certainly is mate, all 3 are English black and white versions, mint condition as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

Courtesy of dyer60, I'm really happy to finally pick these up, especially cup 98, been after these for years and the only English Pocket games i've never owned.

The pleasure was all mine in fact the sale helped funds purchase of my own!

Comment

Thanks again mate, just wished i hadnt sold my other NGP games now, these were the only 3 i needed to finish the set.

Comment

WNo worries enjoy them!

Here is what I used the money for.......

Sometimes the planets align and you grab something that makes your year! For me this is it. Over 20 Dreamcast GDR games.
                                This lot includes a variety of games, different builds including alphas, betas and demos. Great stuff such as MSR, Skies of Arcadia and even a Shenmue Face Demo!!!!
                                [/COLOR]

Absolutely over the moon...I am going to sort through them on Sunday and then my aim is to get some of them dumped and shared!
                                Last edited by dyer60; 14-11-2015, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X