No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I fully intend getting my hands on an original copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire again, I would only ever buy a copy from someone I had a lot of faith in due to the silly value it now holds. It makes me laugh now to think how much I procrastinated over buying an original copy from VGI back in the early noughties for just over £200.

So a PCE Works copy for now it is, which I can live with as a stop gap for under £30 until the right deal comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Although I fully intend getting my hands on an original copy of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire again, I would only ever buy a copy from someone I had a lot of faith in due to the silly value it now holds. It makes me laugh now to think how much I procrastinated over buying an original copy from VGI back in the early noughties for just over £200.

So a PCE Works copy for now it is, which I can live with as a stop gap for under £30 until the right deal comes along.

Seriously i'd just stick with that, it's really not worth the risk on trying to find a real copy now the chances of a fake are so high now it's nigh on impossible as before this release there was another fake release back in the day and it was almost identical there were nearly no ways to tell it apart from extremely small changes in the printing that you literally needed a magnifying lens to get up close to see the print dots to spot the fake. There are probably a lot of owners that are unaware their copy is a fake and they will assume the one they have is real. There used to be a extensive guide on the long gone assembeler games forum but it's now lost to time, but i remember the thing that gave the fakes away were the extrememly slight blurring when you looked at the dots in the print quality.

Considering how insane this game has climbed in price i'd never take the risk now, it's a good game but not that GOOD to take the risk.

Comment

I remember there were some guidelines of what to look out for on vgi's website

Comment

The inner CD ring text is always the main thing to check. The other bits are more difficult to spot but easily differentiated if you know what you're looking for.

Comment

Oh please.

A fake Sapphire is very easy to spot indeed. Whether that's the fake from the early 2000's, or the more recent garbage. Both produced by the same piece of crap thief.

(Look at the screenshots on the rear, done in a second! Yes, there are at least a dozen other obvious markers...)

And [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

. I hope that turd won't be going anywhere near the lovely legit games I sold you, tainting my former goodies lol.

Comment

[MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION] I've posted it here to irk you in to selling me a real one, at which point I will send you photos of the fake in the bin.

Comment

Why taint a bin?

Kill it with fire.

Or nuke it from orbit.

Comment

I'll let you choose its fate and everything.

Comment

Ahem if you do find your way to an OG version I'll take the unpopular version off your hands

Comment

Put an offer in for this and unexpectedly got a decent counter-offer, wanted one for ages.

It's the Jet De Go! Controller, inexplicably bundled with a sealed copy of the JAL Version of the game (I already had it). Frustratingly it was also advertised with a (pictured) Pocketstation but that hasn't turned up, hopefully the seller will sort something out. The outer box is sunfaded and battered, but the controller itself is in great condition. Now I can land all the planes at my leisure.

Comment

Cool! Post some impressions if you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Cool! Post some impressions if you get a chance.
                          I won't be unfortunately, it's bust - throttle doesn't work properly. Seller is an absolute scumbag too, told them about it and their first concern was to say I can't return it if the game is unsealed! How are they meant to have tested it then?? Idiots.

Comment

I received a HK copy of Super Mario 64 from [MENTION=4430]egparadigm[/MENTION]. Not quite the USA copy that I was looking for but the exact same ROM is used so its all the same to me.

Comment

Good to see it got to you safe and sound. Enjoy!

Comment

Still waiting to make plans to collect the rest of the job lot, but in the meantime these guys just arrived from Japan. I've always quite liked Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, really pleased to finally get a copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X