Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Just played through Avenger last night.

It's pretty fast paced and comes across as tough but unlimited continues means you can grind learning quickly and you start to find your way through.

I think the reports of this game being poor are unfounded, I really enjoyed my session on it. It's like the classic B movie that's actually a good watch.
    I've still not played it yet. Like a Dragon infinite wealth on the series X has really taken up the last 3 week. Finally completed it last night but now I've got the urge to go back and tidy up all the loose ends.

Comment

My latest additions:

I admit I do have a soft spot for crap games and from what I hear both Osomatsu-kun and Fatman are firmly in that category.

I've wanted Hyper Duel for so long, and with the value of the Yen decreasing it seems to have gone down in price recently (at least to us buying in foreign currency).

And finally, what turned up in place of a copy of Rockman 7....

The Super Famicom game I can understand, they've just sent the wrong game to the wrong person, but yes that is a ceramic ocarina there, and I have no friggin' idea how that's got mixed into my package. Since Rockman 7 was only cheap I didn't pay for insurance on it, so Buyee won't give a crap and will tell me to do one so there's not really much point in even letting them know.

Comment

You'll find Gomora on the Mega Drive is also crap.
        Nice selection overall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          You'll find Gomora on the Mega Drive is also crap.
          Nice selection overall though.

Can confirm Gomora is crap, Kunio Soccer ain't great either

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post

Can confirm Gomora is crap, Kunio Soccer ain't great either
            Oh well, at least the Boxes look nice. 👍

Comment

What I find funny is that within the last month, 4 copies of Avenger for the PC Engine have ended up in the hands of Brits on this very forum 😁. I still haven't played mine.

Comment

Funny how these things happen. I'd never even heard of it before I saw a copy for sale on Mercari for a couple of thousand yen. Checked out pcengine.co.uk who recommend it so thought balls to it and bought it, only to see Fuse's arrive before mine had even shipped.

Comment

Some nice stuff up there. I've been a bit out of purchasing lately as a lot of business stuff going on. Should maybe receive a few new PCE arrivals tomorrow though.

Comment

phillv85 at least you can become the Hero of Time now, all you need is a Master Sword. 🧑‍🎤🗡️

Comment

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
                      phillv85 at least you can become the Hero of Time now, all you need is a Master Sword. 🧑‍🎤🗡️
                      I only know what an Ocarina is because of that game!

Comment

Overdue post, gets from the past few months. First and most excitingly, my Everdrive 64 all the way from North America:

I got a whole load of Edge mags from paulus last year. There were about 3 or 4 bags for life full (around 100 issues), which as he said, weigh like blocks of wood. Here is a couple to illustrate. Have got a lot of enjoyment out of reading them, especially the earlier ones I haven’t seen before. Thanks again, Paulus!

I continue my mission to collect Back Compat OG Xbox games, albeit at a slower pace. These two are quite hard to get hold of. Advent was £28 from CeX, has a tiny amount of wear, but given rarity is acceptable. Jedi was eBay; a rare example where a game was no more than the CeX price including delivery, got it for opening bid price.

Finally, when I learned how cheap Kinect now is in CeX (£1) I picked one up with these games, total spend £2.50.

These goggles for Kinect are a great space saver and only about £7 delivered from CeX (much cheaper than eBay). So now I can play Dance Central properly without needing a massive living room!
                        Last edited by egparadigm; 02-03-2024, 12:25.

Comment

Wait, Kinects are £1 at CeX?! I just had to check that - haha, that's bonkers. Literally giving them away. I guess demand is zero and they take up a fair amount of room. With the insane number of units that MS sold, I'm guessing CeX are stocked with thousands of the things as well.

How are you finding Child of Eden? I remember trying it once at an 'experience centre' MS had setup, a kind of shopfront near Oxford Street where you could go on and have a guided demo of Kinect. I just randomly came across it one day. But even in what was presumably an optimal environment and following the advice of a member of staff, I didn't find the controls consistent enough to be really enjoyable.

Comment

Been playing rather than buying recently, picked this one up though , one of the few shooters on the dreamcast I'm missing , brand new , won't be for long

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Wait, Kinects are £1 at CeX?! I just had to check that - haha, that's bonkers. Literally giving them away. I guess demand is zero and they take up a fair amount of room. With the insane number of units that MS sold, I'm guessing CeX are stocked with thousands of the things as well.

How are you finding Child of Eden? I remember trying it once at an 'experience centre' MS had setup, a kind of shopfront near Oxford Street where you could go on and have a guided demo of Kinect. I just randomly came across it one day. But even in what was presumably an optimal environment and following the advice of a member of staff, I didn't find the controls consistent enough to be really enjoyable.
                              They certainly do have lots of Kinect in CeX. When I bought I wanted to check condition and they said they’ve got loads and the scratched one I had was about as good as it gets.

Haven’t got round to Child of Eden yet but will report back. I’m sure I played it in the past, but it might have been wIth Move on PS3.

Comment

My wee bundle arrived Friday, first pick ups in ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X