No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll have a clock timing mismatch when you're using a switched PAL machine. It is an extremely minor difference though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      You'll have a clock timing mismatch when you're using a switched PAL machine. It is an extremely minor difference though.
      Not quite as minor as you might think it does effect scrolling and can cause v-sync issues and artifacting on screen.

Nice video about it here:

Comment

That's using a test suite though - not just playing video games. It won't affect enjoyment of game playing, is what I mean to say I guess.

Comment

Look what Santa brought:

Can't beat getting a new Mega Drive game for Christmas

Comment

Finally found a copy with Spine( like bloody hens teeth at the moment)

Comment

Nice. Had intended to pick that up myself.

Comment

Cheers Colin..You should,great game

Have another PSX game on route,but looks like it's been collared by Customs..

Comment

No more retro on the horizon for me mate, got a wedding to pay for. Viewing a bloody castle for the big day tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    No more retro on the horizon for me mate, got a wedding to pay for. Viewing a bloody castle for the big day tomorrow.

Oh I see, congrats ...

One day you'll be back to your true love

Comment

Picked these up today..

Korokoro Post Nin. Still sealed,never realised when I bid for it & Darius Odyssey Book

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                        Picked these up today..

Korokoro Post Nin. Still sealed,never realised when I bid for it & Darius Odyssey Book

Hows the book mate?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Hows the book mate?
                          It's fantastic pal...lovely pics

Comment

Did someone say they don't like the Saturn? That's akin to saying you don't like videogames.

It's crazy that so many - myself included - thought is was shat way back when. God damn, all those wonderful Japanese games that never got released here.

I think it's up there with the SNES as the GOAT. Damn, it pains me to say that as I am a huge Megadrive fan.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              Look what Santa brought:

Can't beat getting a new Mega Drive game for Christmas
                              Yeah, that's a cool item to have. How does it play?

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              Did someone say they don't like the Saturn? That's akin to saying you don't like videogames.

It's crazy that so many - myself included - thought is was shat way back when. God damn, all those wonderful Japanese games that never got released here.

I think it's up there with the SNES as the GOAT. Damn, it pains me to say that as I am a huge Megadrive fan.
                              A Japanese Saturn with all the machine's best games is a joy to own. The Pal Saturn having terrible boxes and art, and just not being seen as anywhere near as cool as the Playstation, really tarnished the machine's image in the UK and Europe. It was very much a console for Japanese gamers and import enthusiasts.

I don't think it will ever get the huge love that many classic consoles receive, but there's certainly more recognition these days that it's actually a powerful console with some really good games.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-01-2016, 05:13.

Comment

I don't know. When I was 14 I was one of two people in my year who had a Saturn instead of a PlayStation. I never felt like I was going without and Sega Saturn Magazine did a great job of letting us know there's more than enough to choose from. Especially when we relied on pocket money to buy games for ?45. I just played Sega Rally, Daytona, Street Fighter and VF2 non stop for about a year.

If gaming was as big as it was today, it would have been fine. It would have been a secondary console like a Wii U to play all those sweet arcade games.

Comment

Working...
                                X