Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten different parameters what?

Comment

Ridge Racer is still class to play to this day, was playing it a lot before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Ten different parameters what?
        It's more and they including air density, slipstream, aerodynamics Ect. I still think the game is boring and way overrated much like RR. Just like the likes of Outrun, Outrun 2 (most prob the best arcade racer ever made) and Super hang-on myself far more .

Comment

Are we really comparing the Saturn version of Virtua Racing to Ridge Racer?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Out Run 2 bores me to tears.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Are we really comparing the Saturn version of Virtua Racing to Ridge Racer?
              Get off that's a joke. I'm on about the Arcade versions of RR and VR.

Comment

Out Run 2 bores me to tears.
                Like RR does for me . I always thought Ace Driver was overlooked and underrated coin up and better than the likes of RR or VR.

Comment

WHAT YEAR IS THIS!!!!!

I always loved sega rally and ridge racer, never got the love for virtua racer. I picked up my Saturn late for an absolute bargain price, I also got a ton of promo games thrown in things like manx tt super bike and diehard

but was glad I did Nights, panzer dragoon, Die hard arcade, Guardian heroes and an arcade perfect version of xmen vs street fighter.

Comment

Outrun and VR have very basic handling. Ridge Racer doesn't. I appreciate why people like Outrun but it's not a game that really puts you in the edge of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Get off that's a joke. I'm on about the Arcade versions of RR and VR.
                      The subject was the Saturn version though. Now it's the arcade version? Anyway, one is a fantasy racer, the other is a simulation. That alone denotes which one is more fun.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        The subject was the Saturn version though. Now it's the arcade version? Anyway, one is a fantasy racer, the other is a simulation. That alone denotes which one is more fun.
                        Huh? I sure I said I never liked RR or VR in the arcades or home and was just making the point that VR wasn't just a left to right racer at all. I didn't find both games any fun at all. Daytona USA on the other hand , wipe the floor with both of them in the Arcades.

I loved the look and music of RR4 and used to enjoy watching my mate play the game

Comment

Ridge Racer is wonderful. Always preferred it to Daytona USA - the cars in RR feel just 'right' to control, in Daytona in the home or arcade the cars control like shopping trolleys on icy puddles. The PlayStation couldn't have gotten a better launch title than Ridge Racer.

Like Sega Rally on the Saturn though. Played well using the NiGHTS controller. Not perfect, but still great fun, and enjoyable for any length of time unlike Daytona.

Comment

Daytona is impressive as an arcade spectacle but the handling is also basic and limited. Sega Rally and Ridge, there is a reason they don't need opponents to be so good.

Comment

Daytona is impressive as an arcade spectacle but the handling is also basic and limited. Sega Rally and Ridge, there is a reason they don't need opponents to be so good.
                              Daytona USA was just a masterpiece inthe Arcades . Sega Rally was good, but it took the Saturn version to get the real magic of car control . Outrun still for me remains the best though . Loved the way looked sounded, controlled and dodging the traffic.

Comment

Here are my recent pick ups

Comment

Working...
                                X