Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Is that the US version of Kirby's Adventure?
    Yeah, it's the US version.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I agree . I remember my next door neighbour getting the game and we were jaw dropped at the visuals and the game stunning looks. Most prob the best looking 32 bit racer I seen running at the time . Just never really liked the game much
    Namco really pushed the PS with stunning graphics, amazing speed, and it controls like a dream. Just such a cool game. But, I would agree with someone who thinks the original RR looks a bit more attractive because of the bright colours.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Here are my recent pick ups
    A bunch of good and great games. Despite the original Top Gear being a bit weak visually, I've always really liked it because of the speed and uplifting music. The speech bubbles are also a nice touch.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-01-2016, 00:03.

Comment

I love the top gear music. I don't love nakamura stealing first and second place though.

Comment

Secret of mana. Very special game from a special time. Fond memories. Enjoy

Comment

I also picked up Top Gear along with the Skins game too

Comment

Would anyone mind if the PlayStation v Saturn posts got moved to a thread of their own?

I'm certainly not trying to shut down discussion. On the contrary - so few new threads get started in Retro, so it might stimulate a bit of discussion, and it was interesting reading, if we had a "PlayStation v Saturn - your thoughts" thread, or probably someone else can come up with a better title.

If not then it will probably just end up buried in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

I also picked up Top Gear along with the Skins game too
              Top Gear is still popular after all these years, despite all the flashy modern sims.

I remember enjoying Irem Skins Golf back in the day - nice graphics and plays well.

Originally posted by Marius View Post
              Would anyone mind if the PlayStation v Saturn posts got moved to a thread of their own?
              I think people have probably had that sort of thread and debate many times over the years. It's now normal for people to debate such things in all sorts of threads, it just seems natural to me. The conversations don't go on for long, but if someone wants to create a 'Playstation vs Saturn' thread, I'd be happy to post in it.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-01-2016, 00:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                Top Gear is still popular after all these years, despite all the flashy modern sims.

I remember enjoying Irem Skins Golf back in the day - nice graphics and plays well.

I think people have probably had that sort of thread and debate many times over the years. It's now normal for people to debate such things in all sorts of threads, it just seems natural to me. The conversations don't go on for long, but if someone wants to create a 'Playstation vs Saturn' thread, I'd be happy to post in it.
                If you like Top Gear try Horizon Chase on iOS or Android (and soon PS4). Absolute belter of a game.

Comment

Leave it here. It's better when topics go off on a natural tangent and slowly return themselves to the flow of the proper topic.

Comment

Just picked this bundle up for ?65.00. The seller on eBay failed to mention what games were included in the title or description so asked for buy now price and collected it.

Skies is in mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      If you like Top Gear try Horizon Chase on iOS or Android (and soon PS4). Absolute belter of a game.
                      I hadn't seen it before - looks good, so I'll be buying the PS4 version. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                      Just picked this bundle up for ?65.00. The seller on eBay failed to mention what games were included in the title or description so asked for buy now price and collected it.

Skies is in mint condition.
                      Skies goes for between ?40-?80, so if the Dreamcast works well, you got that lot for a bargain.

Comment

Seems to work fine

I just need to pick up some VMU's. I can't believe you can still buy new ones on eBay and for only ?6! SEGA must have made so many in advance! There are still so many sealed games going cheap on eBay too, MSR, Jet Set Radio etc.

I've hooked it up in VGA to a VGA to HDMI converter, it looks amazing! The DC was so ahead of its time!

Comment

I've never been big on RPG's, but got totally hooked on Skies, it was such an enjoyable game when it came out. Not sure I'd have the patience for it now, but that's just me in general with gaming these days, can only handle quick fixes!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            can only handle quick fixes!
                            Did someone say arcade cabinet?

Comment

I've never been big on RPG's, but got totally hooked on Skies, it was such an enjoyable game when it came out. Not sure I'd have the patience for it now, but that's just me in general with gaming these days, can only handle quick fixes!
                              I'm the same now, I have the attention span of a 5 year old when it comes to games now. I miss 16 bit days when you could finish a game in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post

I've hooked it up in VGA to a VGA to HDMI converter, it looks amazing! The DC was so ahead of its time!
                                Yeah, the Dreamcast image through VGA still looks stunning. The only bad thing about the Dreamcast is it didn't get tons of great games.

I've never been big on RPG's, but got totally hooked on Skies, it was such an enjoyable game when it came out.
                                I'm also not a fan of adventure or RPG games, but I thought Skies was awesome back in the day. The amount of creativity that went into the beautiful game world was outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X