No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it's a poor decision then. Games need to be accessible. Bring it round on WedSNESday so I can take another look at it.

Comment

I wanted to like Actraiser 2 soooo bad. I adored the first game and the graphics on the second game are some of the nicest on the SNES/SFC. I just couldn't never get into it, the controls felt way too clunky. I'll have to give it another go though, I really want to like it.

Comment

Yeah, likewise, I played the sequel but never fell in love with it like the original.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          I didn't like Actraiser too either, for exactly the same reasons you mention. I look forward to nakamura using the classic 'you just have to get used to the controls' line ��
          I bought the original with my first import Super Nintendo and loved everything about it. I was hoping for a sequel with deeper gameplay, but that didn't happen. I was still excited about the sequel, despite wishing it still had the God sections, but it turned out to be dire, despite the graphics being attractive. If the gameplay had been really smooth and responsive, it would have at least been quite fun to play.

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
          The action sections remind me of Ghouls n Ghosts, just not nearly as good!
          Yeah, it looks very similar to GNG, but isn't as good in all areas. The first game was a very early title for the machine, so you'd think the sequel would have been even more impressive. But instead of big sprites and lots of colour, we got small sprites and a muted colour palette. The music is also not as good. Just a very unsatisfactory sequel.

Thinking about the graphics and sound in the original game, they sort of had a Neo Geo quality about them, so a sequel with a larger cart size and a developer more used to the hardware, could have delivered a sequel with graphics that were even more attractive. But instead we got graphics that were very much a step backwards and it all feels quite sluggish, despite some people being patient enough to deal with the shortcomings.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 09-02-2016, 04:37.

Comment

So I had this turn up today. I don't need some of the games like Contra Spirits and the actual console, so they're going up for sale. But there's some cracking stuff in there. I played Super Fire Pro Wrestling X and the Violin game at work today and they're both really, really good.

Comment

So I had this turn up today. I don't need some of the games like Contra Spirits and the actual console, so they're going up for sale. But there's some cracking stuff in there. I played Super Fire Pro Wrestling X and the Violin game at work today and they're both really, really good.
              Loads of great games. Astro Go! Go! hasn't got a great rep, but I really like it. Goemon is really nice, but #2 is where it's at, as that's incredible. Turtles in Time is still awesome! I've never liked FInal Fight 2, but it's not a bad game, just a bit bland. Violinist of Hameln is a beautiful, enchanting game.

No one could get bored with this collection of games.

Comment

Wow some quality there!

Super Tennis remains my fave tennis game of all time.

DK1, 2 and 3! Classics!

Final Fight 2 is wonderful.

Yoshi's world.. insane fun.

The list goes on! What a haul!

How much did you pay? ?200?

Comment

Astro Go Go is rubbish!

Amazing haul though!

Comment

Super Tennis remains my fave tennis game of all time.
                    It's a bit clunky, but overall I'd say it's the tennis game I've liked the most. It's still nice to go back to it.

Final Fight 2 is wonderful.
                    I remember being excited about it, but when a friend got it on import and we played it, we were both very underwhelmed. It's just soooo bland.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Astro Go Go is rubbish!

Amazing haul though!
                    Despite a lot of people saying "it's rubbish", I find Astro to be a really compelling experience. Of course, it's a dodgy game in many ways, but I like a lot of what it offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Despite a lot of people saying "it's rubbish", I find Astro to be a really compelling experience. Of course, it's a dodgy game in many ways, but I like a lot of what it offers.
                      I like Astro Go Go. I even own a new copy of it Quite a unique title I think.

Comment

Have to admit, final fight 2 wasn't fantastic last night, but I reckon it will be more fun with a mate. It's no streets of rage 2 mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          I like Astro Go Go. I even own a new copy of it Quite a unique title I think.
                          I bought a boxed copy last year, as it wasn't expensive and I think it's a nice game in many ways. You just have to get used to the way it feels to control.

Have to admit, final fight 2 wasn't fantastic last night, but I reckon it will be more fun with a mate. It's no streets of rage 2 mind.
                          Streets of Rage 2 totally destroys FF2 in all areas. FF2 is just bland - bland music, bland graphics, bland gameplay. But it could have been good if the developer had injected more creativity into it, because it's technically competent.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-02-2016, 14:20.

Comment

Final Fight 2 is the essence of lazy and unspectacular. It's not even as good as the first SFC game but it's competent enough. Final Fight 3 is also dull, despite the injection of special moves.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Final Fight 2 is the essence of lazy and unspectacular. It's not even as good as the first SFC game but it's competent enough. Final Fight 3 is also dull, despite the injection of special moves.
                              Final Fight 2 must have been made by a different team - probably Capcom's B-team. It has none of the atmosphere or magic of the orignal. The SNES original is weak because it's on an 8mb cartridge, but it still has the compelling atmosphere of the arcade version. FF3 is better than #2, but apart from nice graphics, it's not a great game. It's such a shame that Capcom didn't make an arcade sequel to Final Fight.

Comment

New today, looks like a Neo Geo AES, is in fact a CMVS in an AES case. It looks and works perfectly, really happy with this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X