Clear All

LOLbox - lol!

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
      LOLbox - lol!
      I am awesome, if frowned upon.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It is amusing that the best Microsoft can do is release games that are 15 years old again.

Comment

Given the amount of remasters and remakes on the Sony side I’m beginning to think it’s console is the ProbablySeenitbe4!

Comment

Think ps2 games on a ps3 counts as retro. Thought I’d give this a try given the new one is out this week.
            Last edited by jamesy; 18-04-2018, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              It is amusing that the best Microsoft can do is release games that are 15 years old again.
              MS are enabling owners of their older systems to be able to play their old games with HUGE upgrades to their screen res totally and utterly free to owners of the old games, great fan service

Such a shame then... people feel the need to knock that .
              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 19-04-2018, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                Apologies for my nievity here, but to play original xbox games, you need to have the original disc? Or is one saying that they are all for free on the live store? Ta
                It's totally free if you own the disc (it doesn't matter the region) or if you bought the game digitally and then its automatically added to your downloads (but that's mainly for 360 BC )

Its most prob the best feature I've seen in a console in years ....

[

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  MS are enabling owners of their older systems to be able to play their old games with HUGE upgrades to their screen res totally and utterly free to owners of the old games, great fan service

Such a shame then... people feel the need to knock that .
                  Agreed. It's totally free. It's giving classic games a whole new life. No need to buy some remastered version. No idea why anyone would knock this. Do people knock the ps4 for allowing users to play old games with no upgrades. Oh, and you need to buy them on digital (correct me if I'm wrong there).
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 19-04-2018, 09:47.

Comment

Here's the clincher. Does it have support for JSRF?

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                      Here's the clincher. Does it have support for JSRF?
                      Music rights issues will put pay to that, Unless SEGA remixes some of the tracks I guess, like it did for Crazy Taxi

Comment

I would imagine any negativity toward it ties in with the poor exclusive new content the system provides in comparison to the PS4, not really the actual feature itself, which is obviously a nice touch.

Comment

All current systems exclusives are poor to you, Colin.

How anyone can find fault with the ability to play ones old games, at up to 9 times the screen Res and with other gfx improvements all for free, is quite beyond me... When most HD remasters go for at least £20 these days

Comment

Well you’re not far off TA, I don’t buy a lot of new games these days, but the PS4 definitely has significantly more exclusive titles than the One is what I’m getting at. This probably causes people to bemoan the lack of new IP’s etc instead of their focus on making old games compatible.

To be clear, I’m not personally knocking the feature in case you’ve misunderstood, I think it’s great.

Comment

Not sure if it's been discussed here before, but a few months back when Edge was doing their best of 2017 coverage, when picking their top three Microsoft exclusives of the year, they went for Ninja Gaiden Black as their 3rd pick

Comment

Well, the trouble with that Colin is that SONY or Nintendo haven't made many new IP this gen either. All are guilty of using past IP and bringing them to the current gen. Sony to their credit do the BIG AAA single player games better, but there are some nice IP on the One too.

Other than some pretty lame point scoring, I find it very hard why one would look to knock and find fault with the ability to play the likes of Orta at 4K and not have to pay £20 for that pleasure with a HD remaster;Contrast that, to what Capcom are asking for DMC Remasters or what SEGA is looking to ask for Shenmue HD with hardly any visual improvments or what SONY ask to be able to play the classic PS2 and PS3 games on the PS 4 with the PS Now service charge of £12.99 a month.

Think its a great fan service and its a shame that some (not you) look to knock it.
                                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-04-2018, 14:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X