• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought these beauties off Budge74

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      Bought these beauties off Budge74
      Nice buys. I have all of them, except Metal Gear, which isn't my cup of tea. But I know it's a nice game for fans.

I bought these two this month. I was reading an article about how good 'Disney Sports Soccer' is, so I decided to add it to my collection. Burnout 2 is a classic game, so I decided to finally buy the GC version to go alongside copies for the PS2 & Xbox. I expect the GC version to look really nice through Component.

So I now have around 40 GameCube games that I felt needed to be in my collection. I don't think I'll be buying many more.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-07-2018, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Super Mario Land 2 is amazing.

I picked up SML3: Wario Land
        Wario Land 1 is incredible!

Comment

I bought a spare 3.3v Japanese Dreamcast to put a GDEMU inside. It's in good cosmetic condition and works perfectly, so I'm happy with it. The only problem is - I had to pay £22 charges for a $25(clearly stated on the package) item, so I will have to complain about that.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-07-2018, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            I had to pay £22 charges for a $25(clearly stated on the package) item, so I will have to complain about that.
            They lowered the tax free limit from £18 to £15, so with the crappy exchange rate against the dollar at the moment $25 would be over that then Royal Mail charge their ridiculous £8 'admin' fee.. crooks

Comment

Originally posted by MiG View Post
              then Royal Mail charge their ridiculous £8 'admin' fee.. crooks
              Here's more bad news: Parcelforce charged me an £11.25 handling fee.

I used to think £8 was scam, so it was shocking to see the increased fee.

VAT came to £11.88, which doesn't make sense. I need to complain about that and hopefully get a partial refund.

Comment

Here's more bad news: Parcelforce charged me an £11.25 handling fee.

I used to think £8 was scam, so it was shocking to see the increased fee.

VAT came to £11.88, which doesn't make sense. I need to complain about that and hopefully get a partial refund.
                Was was it marked as for Customs purposes? gift or commercial sample or other?

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                  Was was it marked as for Customs purposes? gift or commercial sample or other?
                  It was marked as 'other' so maybe that's the problem? Some people don't like to pretend it's a gift.

Comment

It was marked as 'other' so maybe that's the problem? Some people don't like to pretend it's a gift.
                    Yes I would think so, they would have treated it at the lowest threashold of £15 as stated by [MENTION=2846]MiG[/MENTION].

Gift would have been £39

I wouldn’t hold out much hope with the complaint!

Comment

[MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION] That’s well unlucky mate, I can imagine how pissed off you must be. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Japanese seller on eBay mark a package as anything other than gift... not sure why this guy decided to screw you over on a cheap Dreamcast.

Comment

VAT is charged against both the value of the item AND the cost of the postage... yeah, exactly... ****ing con. And it’s Royal Mail who charge £8 for handling, and Parcelforce who is more...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I have heard that said before not entirely sure thats true though as when i get stuff sent from japan via tenso i usually consolidate my parcels so the shipping does get quite expensive, sometimes my shipping cost alone is £30+ and yet not a single parcel has ever been hit with import tax if it was calculated on postage cost as well, all my parcels would be getting hit for sure. Not a single one from tenso has ever been hit and im talking like 40+ parcels.

Comment

Not sure if this counts as retro or not but I have just bit the bullet and ordered a Super NT (SF version). I have to say I haven't been this excited getting a console in quite a while. Just need to get an SD2SNES cart and I think I am all set for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              Not sure if this counts as retro or not but I have just bit the bullet and ordered a Super NT (SF version). I have to say I haven't been this excited getting a console in quite a while. Just need to get an SD2SNES cart and I think I am all set for the rest of the year.
                              What is the SD2SNES for? You can load ROMs on the Super Nt lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                What is the SD2SNES for? You can load ROMs on the Super Nt lol
                                Doesn't support Super FX games though, or any of the other special chips

Comment

Working...
                                X