No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not especially valuable, but I really fancied getting myself copies of the original Japanese GB Pokemon games

I'm holding out for a nice copy of Green (and probably eventually Yellow) to complete the set.
    Last edited by danstan21; 15-09-2015, 16:11.

Comment

Isn't Blue the "second version" in Japan? I thought it came out before Yellow but after Red and Green.

Comment

Yup, I lied slightly. Blue was the "third version" in Japan, so has slightly updated visuals and sprites compared to JP R/G (the battle sprites in JP Red are weird). JP Blue was the version of the game used for the western Red and Blue versions, though in the western releases the version-exclusive Pokemon are the same as JP Red and Green.

I actually intended to get Green before any of the others, but because of eBay auctions I actually missed out on that one at the time I bought these two. They're pretty common though so it probably won't be long before I snag a copy.

Comment

Yeah, I've completed Japanese Red - some of the sprites are pretty funky. That aside it is pretty much the same as our Red and Blue - just with different glitches!

Comment

On the way home tonight I popped in to a recycle shop only to find factory sealed Thunder Storm FX and Sol Feace for 300 yen. Way too much of a deal to pass up even if I already do have Thunder Storm FX on the Saturn and the Mega Drive version of Sol Feace.

Comment

Some Saturn pick ups

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                On the way home tonight I popped in to a recycle shop only to find factory sealed Thunder Storm FX and Sol Feace for 300 yen. Way too much of a deal to pass up even if I already do have Thunder Storm FX on the Saturn and the Mega Drive version of Sol Feace.

I literally just paid ten times that much for a sealed Sol Feace about five days ago from Japan thinking it was a decent price.

Comment

You'll never get recycle shop prices unless you're actually in Japan.

Comment

If I went to Japan it would bankrupt me.

Comment

No, the cost of the return shipping would bankrupt you!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        If I went to Japan it would bankrupt me.
                        That's so true. When I used to come here on holiday back in '97 and' 98 I spent about 2000 pounds on gaming stuff. Two grand back then was quite a lot.

Comment

Two grand is a lot now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                            Two grand is a lot now!!
                            True but imagine burning through that within two weeks almost 20 years ago. Saying that, Akihabara and the likes of were a billion times better than what we have now. These days Akihabara offers nothing except inflated prices. The magic has long gone.

Comment

I have never played this installment in the series I hope it's as good as its illustrious predecessors.
                              It's also the first time I have seen a Japanese GG game. The box is really quite small and the little manual almost makes it feel like a children's toy.

Comment

Cool ive not played that one, didnt even know there was a master system version!!

Comment

Working...
                                X