No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely Famicom gear! Was struck by a forgotten realisation today while playing Mario 64 - the game was released 10 months after Yoshi's Island

Comment

Yoshi the better game imo but still...

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
        Yoshi the better game imo but still...
        2D Mario and 3D Mario way too different to compare imho.

So many different nuances to both beyond the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
          Was struck by a forgotten realisation today while playing Mario 64 - the game was released 10 months after Yoshi's Island
          Yoshi's Island was a nice swansong for the Super Nintendo - and Mario 64 was an amazing revolution in 3D platform games that showed just what the N64 could do. Both are great, but I've never been overly fond of Mario 64, so Yoshi's Island is my favourite of two. Yoshi's is near perfect, except for the annoying sound of baby Mario crying.

Comment

Mario 64 is a remarkable game. Can't believe how much Nintendo got right with their first 3D effort.

Comment

I can

Comment

Just one this week.

Comment

Does anyone have a spare Mega Drive 1 power supply I could buy?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

Are you a maken fan?

Comment

I enjoyed what I played of the DC version. The PS2 version is a little different of course with the third person perspective but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Just the one game for me this week, but it's an absolute belter! Shame I'm going to have no time to play it I have so much on this weekend.

Comment

You know, I really must have something in me that just can't appreciate Treasure games. I mean, I like Guardian Heroes. I bought it on the first week of Japanese release but I just never thought it was as great as everyone said it was. Same with 90% of Treasure games. I always though that maybe I didn't like complex games but that isn't it. Hmm, it's like why I don't get excited over any Mario game either.

Comment

I'm in agreement partly. I don't like many of them but I do appreciate why most of them are liked.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                I'm in agreement partly. I don't like many of them but I do appreciate why most of them are liked.
                                I like most of Treasure's games, but I only love a few. Radiant Silvergun is my favourite by far. I enjoy Gunstar Heroes quite a bit. Guardian Heroes is also a special game. Treasure also did a great job with Gradius V.

I hope they get back to making cool run 'n gun games and maybe some shooters.

Comment

Working...
                                X