No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More DS purchases today, because hey why not lol.

One of the few card battle games i wanted besides the older verions of yugioh, Sigma harmonics is a unusual take on the card battle genre.

Rockman zero collection

And Gatchapin nikki or as it's now known in my head. Meth addict bubby jigsaw rehab lol. I do enjoy a jigsaw puzzle game there's quite a few on DS but i have yet to track the others down as some are pretty hard to find but puzzle games i do like a lot and thankfully the DS has a crapload of them.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      one of us, one of us hehe. Only just got into this series myself i have avoided IIDX so far due to the cost of everything as some of those PS2 IIDX games go for over £100, i'm going budget and staying with PS1 for the moment. The PS1 games are basic in comparison but still a lot of fun. Would be interesting to hear how your controller plays as i was tempted to go for that one if i couldn't get hold of the pro version with the light up buttons. Thats the cheapy pro non arcade controller btw not those massive arcade monsters on the site you posted.
      Rhythm games 4 life

It feels decent enough. Nowhere near as good as a decent IIDX controller but much better than the official PAL controller that came out. The wheel feels nice and the buttons don't have much travel. The only thing I don't like is the hollow clicky sound the buttons make due to there (I imagine) not being very much inside the plastic case beside the controller pcb.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        Rhythm games 4 life

It feels decent enough. Nowhere near as good as a decent IIDX controller but much better than the official PAL controller that came out. The wheel feels nice and the buttons don't have much travel. The only thing I don't like is the hollow clicky sound the buttons make due to there (I imagine) not being very much inside the plastic case beside the controller pcb.
        I remember getting the PAL beatmania box set and been bitterly disappointed as the controller was crap as it had a stupid keyboard so the keys were too close together to use instead of proper buttons and the turntable squeaked when you moved it, the uk version of the game was lacklustre too none of the songs i enjoyed. Thankfully i returned that turd back to electronics boutique and got a refund.

Comment

Another game found off the list, not cheap at £75 but this one goes for a crapload of cash this was at the cheaper end of the scale as most push past £100. Finding one that has a proper condition report is tough as most on ebay & amazon are no pics or stock images, no way i'm taking that risk for the price it costs.

This one looked nice and the seller confirmed no sunfade yay

Comment

I was having a few cheeky lowball bids on auctions just before Christmas and some of them have started to arrive.

Some guy was selling both the PS1 and Saturn versions of Samurai Shodown 3 as a bundle - not entirely sure why they'd do that. I ended up getting it for opening bid (I think it was £12). I'll check which version is better (I imagine almost certainly Saturn) and sell the other to get my money back! Wahey! Free game!

The other is Touge Max 2, a mountain racing game developed by Cave with surprisingly excellent graphics. You can see inside the cars and see all the instruments lit up. I've got a neat little collection of PS1/Saturn obscure racers so it'll go nicely with them. This one was something like a quid plus shipping, which is about the usual price for this kind of thing.

Comment

Another purchase in the early hours as i never expected to come across this one in pretty much new condition so it was a instant purchase, wanted it for a while now. Was weirdly listed too so i doubt many stumbled across the auction.

The lyrics in this game are damn addictive lol
              Cakiiiii o yakou
              Cakiiiii o yakou
              Suponjiiii fuwa fuwa
              Kurimuuu tappuri

thats now 15 ds games im waiting for to turn up in the post, havent posted all of them in the thread as it would just be endless streams of ebay pics i'll just wait for all to show up before i do a group shot. At this rate it's not gonna be long at all before i reach the 400 threshold gonna have to do another shelf shuffle to accomodate this new lot lol.
              Last edited by importaku; 03-01-2020, 12:24.

Comment

Comment

5 turned up today thankfully none faded & all in fantastic condition. Annoyingly while putting them away on my shelves i noticed 2 spines on my shelf that are faded (culdcept & kurupoto) that i missed somehow on multiple inspections, damn it. Now had to order cheap copies of amazon japan to replace them, gonna have to start flogging my junker pile of faded & creased ds games in a sales thread at mega discounts as they are starting to build up lol.

Comment

[MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]

Are any of those Saturn games any good? I guess C&C and Return to Zork are decent. Makes me feel like giving that Zork game a try, as I remember how popular games like that were in the early to mid-90's on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Are any of those Saturn games any good? .
                      Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Nope
                        Aww C+C is good tho. Nod for the win.
                        Independence day... Not so much

Comment

Jaggedy

Some JAG pickups recently

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post

Some JAG pickups recently
                            Doom is a decent port, despite the lack of music. Definitely impressed me quite a bit when I bought a Jaguar a while back.

I haven't played Jaguar Syndicate, but I guess it's probably a nice version.

The last Jag game I bought was Power Drive, which is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Are any of those Saturn games any good? I guess C&C and Return to Zork are decent. Makes me feel like giving that Zork game a try, as I remember how popular games like that were in the early to mid-90's on the PC.
                              C&C is a really good port, Return to Zork to is nice but it's all in Japanese.
                              Had fun with Cludo on the CD-i too Me and a couple of mates played the game with a few cans over Christmas. It's so crap, so slow but I just love the whole B-Movie feel to it all

Independence Day is very much like the Film... utter crap

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Independence Day is very much like the Film... utter crap
                                I watched it at the cinema back in the day and thought it was OK. I heard bad things about the sequel, but I watched it a few months back and enjoyed it. Sometimes I like a dumb popcorn flick.

Comment

Working...
                                X