Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Yep it's called Cotton Reboot.
    Thanks for the heads up, will take a look!

Comment

Found this nice review, talking about the differences between the OG versions and this release.

Comment

Even as I already have all European region 3DS games, I have to get more. I was in Spain and found some good deals on multiplayer 3DS games.

Certainly one of those is not a 3DS game. I've been wanting to get Twilight Princess as I have never played it before.

Frogger 3D I got as a loose game card, the single player game is not fun on it, the Streetpass game that is a endless runner type version of the original frogger is awesome, and the multiplayer is fantastic. I already had 2 copies of it, so this is my third.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is intresting as it has a very bad download play where the players can't choose their characters and there is only one track to play via download play, and at times the framerate drops as do the inputs for the people who downloaded the track. I personally like the game a lot more than Mario Kart 7, but even though Mario Kart 7 has better framerate and better download play. Got 2 more copies of it to play. Will be interesting to try this with my friends.

Disney Magical world is not a great game, but apparently it has some sort of 2 player multiplayer, so I had to get it.

One Piece Unlimited World Red is somewhat good game, it takes a few hours of play time before the multiplayer is unlocked (if I remember correctly). The game looks great... The game also does not support stereoscopic 3D.

Apparently Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D has co-op multiplayer, I want to try it out.

Kung-Fu Panda is not a good game, it's a poor version of Super Smash Bros, it will be intresting to see if it will be fun to play on a game night.

I'm not a fan of Super Smash Bros series, but as I am the nuts 3DS guy, had to get 2 extra copies for multiplayer so that I get to experience it with my friends.

Mario Sports Superstars is one of those games that is not very fun when playing alone, and the omission of download play really hurts the game.

Comment

Missus got me an RG405M for Christmas.

Gamma OS installed, now running PSO for GameCube *online*!! I’m made up, I tell ya. Won’t be playing anything else for next few months now I’ve finally returned to Ragol.

Comment

Awesome, is there much of a community on it? Is it all people playing via emulation? I have so many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Awesome, is there much of a community on it? Is it all people playing via emulation? I have so many questions.
              Depends on your definition of “much”, really. There are 20 players online as I type this. Bear in mind that the PSO community is spread over three main platforms (although PS2 and even Xbox are supported as well, PC, DC and GC are the main ones) and two private servers, SCHT and Sylverant. Apparently more GC users are on SCHT and more Dreamcast users are on Sylverant. So overall it could be classed as quite active albeit fragmented.

PC players (Blue Burst) are spread across both servers and PC is definitely the most abundant with players. However, even though I got the PC version running on my Mac a couple of years ago, I never properly got back into it as I much prefer the comfort and convenience of consoles gaming, handheld even more so now life gets in the way.

As to whether other users are using emulation, I think a fair few play the GameCube version via a Wii which, from what I understand, is fairly simple to set up and has the benefits of working with a modern telly and not requiring the rather expensive BBA. On Sylverant there are a smattering of DC users connecting via DreamPi.
              Last edited by samanosuke; 28-12-2023, 15:11.

Comment

Super Raiden for the PC Engine showed up today. Had my eye on this for a while but didn't want to spend the common 12,000 yen it goes for these days. Got lucky with this one at 7800 buy now. No spine but I can live with that.

Comment

When I see some of the monetary values against extras like a spine, it puts me right off collecting anything with the extras TBH.

I always remember seeing a shop wanting like £100 more for a copy of Shinrei Jutsusashi Taromaru on the Saturn because had the extra sticker with it.

Comment

It’ll probably get me boo-ed off here but I keep the spines separately from my games as I was sick of opening the jewel case and dropping it on the floor (or worrying about creasing it up if it slides about in the case etc). I just keep them in a drawer!

Comment

I just stick them inside the manuals. I do prefer to have them, I know I shouldn't care, but it's ingrained in to me now. At least for PCE CD games, I don't care on other systems.

Comment

So I finally managed to pick up a copy again of what is undoubtedly one of my favourite PC Engine titles, Dracula X. (And most peoples to be fair!) I'm not sure if it's just been me looking in the wrong places, but original copies of this seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days? It's a game that I ideally would've wanted a pristine copy of, which this isn't, but it's in pretty decent shape all in. If a proper mint one ever appears I'll no doubt trade up.

Comment

I'm not sure about the UK but PC Engine Castlevania is quite plentyful over here. It's not as expensive as it once was either. About 12 to 15,000 yen these days. It used to be in the 20s a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                            When I see some of the monetary values against extras like a spine, it puts me right off collecting anything with the extras TBH.

I always remember seeing a shop wanting like £100 more for a copy of Shinrei Jutsusashi Taromaru on the Saturn because had the extra sticker with it.
                            That's a crazy mark up for a sticker!
                            Personally I'd rather have the spine and do actively seek out games with spines but if I can get the same game in mint condition for 15 quid or more cheaper, I'm going to do without the spine. In Super Raiden's case the price difference was about 23 pounds cheaper without the spine. It's a no brainier in my opinion. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Can extend this to boxes too… SNES games, for instance, whereby a loose cart game might cost £80 and a CIB version £300. Hard to justify what amounts to £220 for a cardboard box and a paper manual when the actual game itself is valued at a fraction of the cost. When deciding whether to by a retro game, it poses the question: do you want it to play or look good on a shelf?

Comment

To me, the bonkers thing with the Nintendo cardboard boxes is how much people will pay for one that looks like it’s been left in a dog kennel as makeshift bedding. Not a bit of day-to-day wear of a game well-played, but genuinely torn up and flattened. They might be able to convince themselves that putting them in a plastic protector will make them look mint, but I can’t quite see it. Paying pretty much anything for a ratty bit of cardboard seems mad to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X