No announcement yet.

Jpn Saturn Recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I ask, is PD Saga PAL,1 and 2 in Japan? I think this is going to get played...I'm getting a sense of excitement

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, panzer dragoon saga is its own game known as Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG in Japan.

Comment

May I ask the best way to play them as a series then....Thank you Base....

Comment

I think panzer 2/zwei was pal optimised so that's a fine version. Not sure about the others, Azel rpg has no English language so you'd need pal or ntscu

Comment

I'll second A.D. 1999: Pharaoh's Revival / PowerSlave / Exhumed being the best FPS ever made, it's brilliant.

Comment

As your Saturn is Japanese, I say don't bother with the UK Panzer Dragoon games. If Panzer Dragoon 2 is PAL-optimised as Baseley09 says then it will cut the bottom 1/4 of the screen off when you play it on a Japanese/US console in NTSC. You're better off getting the US versions if you want English language.

The easiest way to play UK/US games is with an Action Replay cart. You can get a basic one which just does all regions quite cheap, or you can get one with RAM built in for playing RAM games from Capcom and SNK. Be careful with those carts, though. They're not well-made and can apparently cause trouble for your Saturn's cartridge slot. I never had a problem using one myself but I don't use it often. I guess it would be worse if you leave it in the Saturn all the time. If you just use the cart then all games will play in NTSC.

Here are some cheap games I can think of:

Clockwork Knight - lovely platformer with cool, rendered toy graphics and nice 3D bits. I never played CK 2 but that might be good, too. Should be very cheap.
              NiGHTS - one of my favourite games ever.
              Fighting Vipers - nice cage fighting.
              Night Warriors - prequel to Vampire Saviour. I love the music.

Comment

Working...
              X