No announcement yet.

Neo Geo owners - are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very tempted by MOTW, but it's another fighter. I don't have that many friends I can seriously play fighting games with, so I think I'll have to dabble in the Run'n'Gun games

btw, is there anything else non-fighting thats worth getting?

Comment

I not got a NEO GEO AES I dont know too much detail about them apart from they very expensive.

I have a NEO GEO CD though with a hell lot of games, do they still make games for NEO GEO CD (probley not.. I wish!).

Anyway What u think?

Comment

Originally posted by WazMeister
        I not got a NEO GEO AES I dont know too much detail about them apart from they very expensive.

I have a NEO GEO CD though with a hell lot of games, do they still make games for NEO GEO CD (probley not.. I wish!).
        No, sorry. I think the last CD ROM game was KoF 98...maybe 99.

Originally posted by boog
        btw, is there anything else non-fighting thats worth getting?
        Lol, loads! Take a look at all the screens here for a start (although bear in mind some are MVS only):

This'll give you an idea. You've got your run 'n' gunners like Metal Slug, platform games like Tophunter and Raguy, shooters like Last Resort, Pulstar and Twinkle Star Sprites, and a few sports games and the odd puzzler.

Pick a few ones you like the look of from that list, and people here can post opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
          No, sorry. I think the last CD ROM game was KoF 98...maybe 99.
          It was '99. It sells for next to nothing, and it's dead easy to find unopened/sealed.

I LOVE Top Hunter. It's a great game. And it's not VERY expensive, although it's not exactly the most common Neo game...

I'm very tempted by MOTW, but it's another fighter.
          I NEED to own the ultimate version of MOTW. It's by far my favourite fighter ever, and a couple of weeks ago I decided that I just could not go on, and NOT own it

Comment

My Neo Geo I love, bit upset with loading crap but overall its cool

I even bought a rare scart lead for it SNK in box.
            I plug it in and its all RED image , its fine just all red. Whats the reason I love to fix it.........

Also alot my games are backups I starting to buy oringals tough to have a ultimate collection.

Comment

Hmm......possibly got a Japanese SCART lead? If you bought it in box...and it's a Japanese box...we have a winner, I think

Comment

your right its jap box...
                Never mind

Whys it go red? I woulda thought it work any region tv.. a wires a wire lol
                can I cut a certain wire to get it working PAL lol

I thought NEO GEO was multi region I have NTSC backups in colour

Comment

boog try aerofighters 2 (sonic wings 2 on jap) its a 2d shooter which is mainly boss based, alot of fun, if short and difficult, i quite like it but i piad a tenner for it on MVS, no idea of the AES price, one of you AES heads help me out here?

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
                    boog try aerofighters 2 (sonic wings 2 on jap) its a 2d shooter which is mainly boss based, alot of fun, if short and difficult, i quite like it but i piad a tenner for it on MVS, no idea of the AES price, one of you AES heads help me out here?
                    Sonic Wings 2/Aerofighters 2 would go for around 100usd
                    Sonic Wings 3 would go for arund 180usd, no Aerofighters 3 on AES cart but there is a Us neo cd version which is worth having

Comment

I have all aero fighters on my neo, they rock.

Comment

Originally posted by WazMeister
                        your right its jap box...
                        Never mind

Whys it go red? I woulda thought it work any region tv.. a wires a wire lol
                        can I cut a certain wire to get it working PAL lol

I thought NEO GEO was multi region I have NTSC backups in colour
                        The machine is region-free, yes (slightly different to multi-region, as there are no region locks built into either the machine or the software), but hardware standards are the same, and Japanese SCART is different from European SCART. It won't matter what region the machine is, only what region your TV is.

For a full explanation, with all the technical info you could ever wish for, post a question about it in Videogame Q&A, and watch as Papercut and MD blind you with science

My advice? Just sell the lead and get one that'll work with your TV from VGI:

Comment

My RGB lead from VGI arrived today

I'm 200 miles away though, can't wait to see my Neo in RGB

I'll try that Sonic Wings game mate, after MS3 though I think

Thanks for the recommendations all.

Comment

and Japanese SCART is different from European SCART. It won't matter what region the machine is, only what region your TV is.

For a full explanation, with all the technical info you could ever wish for, post a question about it in Videogame Q&A, and watch as Papercut and MD blind you with science
                            Japanese SCART is wired differently from Peritel SCART (the European one). Blame Sony for that one...

You could wire up a adapter or rewire the SCART lead or just buy a UK SCART lead...

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                              and Japanese SCART is different from European SCART. It won't matter what region the machine is, only what region your TV is.

Japanese SCART is wired differently from Peritel SCART (the European one). Blame Sony for that one...

You could wire up a adapter or rewire the SCART lead or just buy a UK SCART lead...
                              Bing! We have a winner!!!!
                              You know what you win? A copy of PCE Shinobi (I found it a couple of days ago and will send it....honest!)

Comment

habe a look on www.gamesx.com to see how to re wire a jap scart to english.

I have a Blue phantom 1 converter that is boxed that I want to sell if anyone is interested before I put it in the classifieds ??

Comment

Working...
                                X