No announcement yet.

Neo Geo owners - are they worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems I've bought my very own Neo Geo Home Cartridge System It's JAP, of course, and the serial is 067102 8)

I've got to make do with SSII, until I can afford KOF '98 at the end of the month...

Comment

Well with a serial number that low, you should have a lovely RGB picture. Enjoy

Comment

That's why I didn't just get one with a serial over 100k game-baka-dai1 on eBay has had some fine deals on some "OK" looking unboxed consoles with an extra "kidney-controller", but I decided to spend about ?25 more on this one

And about the RGB... I'm happy I didn't order an RGB-cable from VGI, as it turns out I had an MD1 cable lying around

Comment

I must say that the Neo Geo as always scared the hell outa me. But reading this thread has sparked my intrest.

I didn't realise that some of the games were quite cheap .

My only taste of Neo Geo titles has come via Saturn imports like Metal Slug, Waku Waku 7, King of Fighter 95/96/97 and about half a dozen more fighters. I have enjoyed them all.

I was thinking of purchasing some of the DC ports are these still worth picking up or should i just leap into the deep end and go for Neo Geo console.

Comment

So it came today

I'm having trouble seeing what all the fuss about SSII is, though

Maybe it'll come to me, at some point. It's all I have to play on teh Neo anyway

Comment

Sam Sho 2's magic hasnt shown itself to me either yet, however its a good laugh in 2 players even if you're both crap and button mashing

however Garou's magic is painstakingly obvious as soon as you start playing it !!!

I picked up Sengoku 3 (US - full kit) Metal Slug (US - Cart Only) and Magical Drop 2 (Jap - cart only) the other day and am waiting for them to be delivered, cant wait for sengoku 3 in particular, streets of rage style loveliness that isnt as flawed as robo army

Comment

Originally posted by Under the Bed
                I was thinking of purchasing some of the DC ports are these still worth picking up or should i just leap into the deep end and go for Neo Geo console.
                Go for an MVS setup if money is a problem mate. Ports are trash IMO - I'd rather play t3h r0mz. I'm currently saving up for Last Blade 2 on AES, the final game I need to complete what I have ported on the DC.

Samurai Shodown 2 is probably the best game on the Neo FFS!! You bitches'd better REKOGNYZE!!!!

Comment

I've got Fatal Fury 2 on the way now, I really doubt I'll be able to afford anything really expensive for my AES.

But still, the chunky almost VHS-like carts look ace on your shelf

Comment

Fatal Fury Special might have been a better bet than FF2 mate - a better game, and still pretty cheap as well.

Comment

For ?21 delivered, it's pocket money :P

Comment

Next stop Blazing Star then ?

Comment

Blazing star is awesome

Pulstar is my favourite shooter ever

Comment

Blazing Star is awesome even if it owns me for free !! the bosses are mad !!

got KOF 95 and FF3 on the way at the bargain price of ?25 the pair, should be fun, my first KOF

Comment

I was playing Baseball Stars 2 on Kawa-X last night. Most enjoyable.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X