PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Yes it is. But that's what happens when you buy ancient TVs. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. @Zaki It's an engineer at finepoint.
    I'm pretty sure I know the chap at the Finepoint, as they are just up the road from me. He also, sadly, couldn't fix mine Can't remember his name, old afro-carribean chap if I remember correctly.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
      He could advise, but definitely won't fix a PVM. Asked him about an old 20" I had a while ago. He wasn't keen on touching them,
      Fair enough. Sounding more and more like I need a new one. Still waiting to hear back from Finepoint about when I could possibly take it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Bollox. Ask Grant.

Unless he's the engineer you're talking about
        He recons the degauss might have gone and suggest turning it on its side. If it moves to a new area it's definitely that and would be a relatively easy fix. Will try that tonight.

Comment

I was going to mention a manual degauss actually. You could borrow my degauss wand but would have to pay shipping both ways from Holland. Maybe someone local can lend you one?

If you're set on being in the CRT game indefinitely I'd recommend investing in one.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I just realised that the phono break-outs on my SFC Packapunch are reversed.
            Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Lol - from the the 4 bnc to scart leads I bought from them, 2 now have a faulty colour line and 1 has a borked bnc....
            I'm going to stick to Ebay for my cables from now on and spend less than a fiver each time. I can't even tell the difference, to be honest - and I'm about as anal as you can get.
            Wow, I can't believe some of this.
            The worst offender I had from RGC was the Packapunch Saturn cable, that i returned -- they said they tested it and it was fine, and sent it back -- it basically would lose sync or one of the three RGB colours continuously. In two Jap Saturns it was the same story!
            Got a cheap chinese made RGB cable, and it works perfectly, and I can't see any difference on my PVM.

The Packapunch Megadrive one I got had noise all over the picture. I got a replacement for that which looks perfect, but still own the faulty one and it's just awful.

...and a PS1 cable with no sync wired!

I might get better Scart to BNC stuff to be honest, as my one is once again from there!

Comment

I was going to mention a manual degauss actually. You could borrow my degauss wand but would have to pay shipping both ways from Holland. Maybe someone local can lend you one?

If you're set on being in the CRT game indefinitely I'd recommend investing in one.
              He misread my post. When I said the degauss button does nothing when it's pressed he thought it wasn't activating.
              The degauss definitely causes the screen to go all funny but it doesn't remove the yellow.
              He's suggested removing videosignal (which I guess means not having anything plugged in) whack the brightness up and see if the raster is clear. At least it gives me something to do :P

Comment

Here's an actual image.

Comment

Here's an actual image.
                  Yeah, you can see the yellowing there.
                  There's also some other problem with it! What's with that huge dark patch to the left side of the screen, that's in the shape of a giant hand!

Comment

have you tried an s-video input?

last ditch - you could do a factory reset on the monitor

Comment

Here's an actual image.
                      those yellow bars are uniform and i doubt any form of degaussing would make a difference - i have heard that a yellow tint all over the screen could be a tube issue

Comment

He misread my post. When I said the degauss button does nothing when it's pressed he thought it wasn't activating.
                        The degauss definitely causes the screen to go all funny but it doesn't remove the yellow.
                        He's suggested removing videosignal (which I guess means not having anything plugged in) whack the brightness up and see if the raster is clear. At least it gives me something to do :P
                        The onboard degauss is not powerful enough to massage out the more ingrained magnetroids. By manual degauss I mean you need an external degauss wand/coil which will really give it a good walloping until you switch it off. Sometimes the chassis can become magnetised, so the coil will relieve it.

As [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION] says though, yours doesn't look like a landing issue at all.

Comment

This is precisely what I had to do with my first one when the red started to go off, however they do get worse over time. It's totally impossible to shimmy the red plug around to get a signal now. Then the sync cable started to do the same, resulting in a rolling picture.
                          did you speak to RGC about the issue? they were ok initially but I think it's prob too late to complain...I wonder if there any other sellers who sell BNC breakout cables?

Comment

dvdx2 posted a good alternative here

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              dvdx2 posted a good alternative here
                              nice, didn't see that...obviously

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                                did you speak to RGC about the issue? they were ok initially but I think it's prob too late to complain...I wonder if there any other sellers who sell BNC breakout cables?
                                They sent me a new cable despite being a month out of warranty, which was very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X