No announcement yet.

PVM Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official cables that I own/have owned don’t have unnecessary pins present. Sounds like your DC cable is official.

In which case I can’t see why you’d be having issues, unless your monitor specifically required composite sync (instead of using composite video for sync).

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      Managed to source one now.
      However, I can't get my modded N64 or standard Dreamcast to work via RGB. Any ideas?
      The Dreamcast plug I have looks a bit **** (hardly any teeth in the scart) so maybe that's why.
      Are you getting a rolling picture? Anything at all? When I was new to PVMs I struggled for about three seconds before spamming the various input and sync buttons on the front.

Comment

A standard 15khz set (even a pro monitor), is a poor choice for the dreamcast, as you are mostly only getting a 480i output.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
          Might be looking to offload a BVM soon. It's only 14" mind.

What’s the model number mate?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Are you getting a rolling picture? Anything at all? When I was new to PVMs I struggled for about three seconds before spamming the various input and sync buttons on the front.
            Any new units on the horizon dave? Still rocking that 14m2e?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              A standard 15khz set (even a pro monitor), is a poor choice for the dreamcast, as you are mostly only getting a 480i output.
              Good luck finding a 480p capable set south of £500!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Good luck finding a 480p capable set south of £500!
                True, but any decent nick vga monitor can be had very cheaply and does a stellar job with the DC

Saying that, I had the opportunity to pick up a D24 for £300, but it would have taken over a 450 mile round trip and I doubt the suspension in my car could have taken the weight of the beast!

Comment

You’d have to be a DC nut to have a dedicated VGA monitor I feel. OSSC can do a 2x scale at 480p can’t it? And I believe DCHDMI is an option too, at great expense.

Comment

What’s the model number mate?
                    Hi mate I have a BVM14G5E. They seem to be selling for £400 on eBay, don't want that much. I'll double check it all works. Did last time I checked but feel free to make an offer. I'd rather use the money towards restoring my Astro City to be honest.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

You’d have to be a DC nut to have a dedicated VGA monitor I feel. OSSC can do a 2x scale at 480p can’t it? And I believe DCHDMI is an option too, at great expense.
                      Its not just the dc. I use a component to vga transcoder for the gamecube and ps3, as well as a neoya x2 vga for the original Xbox. All look amazing.

Comment

Hi mate I have a BVM14G5E. They seem to be selling for £400 on eBay, don't want that much. I'll double check it all works. Did last time I checked but feel free to make an offer. I'd rather use the money towards restoring my Astro City to be honest.

Nice unit!

Comment

Its not just the dc. I use a component to vga transcoder for the gamecube and ps3, as well as a neoya x2 vga for the original Xbox. All look amazing.
                          Well, that’s true. I have zero 480p sources so I guess I wasn’t thinking about that sort of situation.

Comment

Well, that’s true. I have zero 480p sources so I guess I wasn’t thinking about that sort of situation.
                            Oh and the atomiswave too!

And wii
                            Last edited by dvdx2; 14-02-2019, 20:51.

Comment

The prices really have gone through the roof - I think 2016 was the cut off year.

Comment

That may well be the case, but I only have space for one TV

Comment

Working...
                                X