Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knobby
    why do you just download the roms for emulation ?
    SCHMUCK

Comment

Not everyone does "just download the roms for emulation". That's the whole point. If everyone did that, do you think there would be a games industry? Surely you can see the merits of purchasing games rather than ripping them all off? If you care about the continuing development of computer entertainment, you buy stuff, and contribute.

Is that what you are asking, or did you get your "do's" and "don't's" mixed up?

Comment

Original hardware=the daddy

Neo stuff always seems to lose something (usually a bit of soul, sounds sad, but its true imo) when it gets ported or when you play on an emulator.

Emulation isn't such a bad thing, I personally can think of at least 10 MVS carts I wouldn't be buying in the near future if I hadn't have got a kawa-x romset and tried them beforehand

Comment

emulation sucks, playing the original on a big tv in a comfy chair with a pad or stick is what its all about

Comment

Emulation is great for online play. I'd rather play the rom than a DC/PS2 port anyday of the week.

Comment

I'm doing a course in video game design and as a direct result of spending way to much time making 3d games me and my friend rob have retaliated in true 2d fashion. Garou is currently our game of choice. I think its one of the best fighting games of all time. Amazing animation, great backdrops and tunes. It plays more like a capcom game than an snk game too.
              I have the DC version but the one we play is the KAWAX emulated version on my modded XBOX. It's perfect. I Fuuuuucking loooove it!

Comment

What Vaipon said is such bull**** though. Anyone who goes off on one about how wrong it is to emulate software is full of ****. I own the original DC version but I cant afford 300quid for the neogeo version. **** that. And I bet if you checked his computer it would be riddled with emulators and roms.

Comment

Originally posted by beakbeak
                  What Vaipon said is such bull**** though. Anyone who goes off on one about how wrong it is to emulate software is full of ****. I own the original DC version but I cant afford 300quid for the neogeo version. **** that. And I bet if you checked his computer it would be riddled with emulators and roms.
                  Well done, you've worked out how to do emulation!

Vaipons point was that not everyone is the same as you. Do you not want to give something back to the people who made these games? You say you are playing Garou loads, and it's people who decide to just play the roms that ensures that we never get any follow ups to these games. Trust me, buy an AES, and play on that. It feels and looks far better than any rom could.

Comment

Do you not want to give something back to the people who made these games?
                    thats the problem though - 99% of the time when regarding retro software you are giving nothing at all back to the people who made the games - does anyone really believe that every time metal slug is sold for the extortionate price that it is then a percentage of that is sent to the developer?

with all the gubbins applied to current emulators they can look much better than the original (running on hardware from the late 80's/early 90's mind you) - so that argument is blown out of the water

the simple truth is - it feels better to own the original cart and play it than it does to download a rom .... the actual physical motion of putting the cart in the machine outweighs by many tenfolds the feeling of clicking on a rom name, the joy of having a shelf full of neogeo carts (why can't all carts have come in the same hard shells that AES carts did) is far superior than having a cd full of roms ----- its all about how it feels and owning original Neogeo games sure does feel good

just to finish on a puzzler - what will the neogeo enthusiast do when Playmore finally drop the neogeo hardware? recent 'ports' have been superior to the Neogeo version - namely Metal Slug 3 and SNK vs Capcom Chaos (KOF 2000 and KOF 2001 are pretty good as well) - so its not as though by owning the Neogeo version that you do actually own the definitive version of the game ......

camps

Comment

Originally posted by camps
                      just to finish on a puzzler - what will the neogeo enthusiast do when Playmore finally drop the neogeo hardware? recent 'ports' have been superior to the Neogeo version - namely Metal Slug 3 and SNK vs Capcom Chaos (KOF 2000 and KOF 2001 are pretty good as well) - so its not as though by owning the Neogeo version that you do actually own the definitive version of the game ......

camps
                      I'm hoping that they jump on the atomiswave bandwagon. To be honest I haven't been into the neo for that long but I do see that it's very nearly time to kill the machine. I reckon after KOF 2k3/Pochi and Nya is a good time, it doesn't need more games imo, it's software library is already exemplary and I'd like to see both original snk franchises and fresh ones on new hardware.
                      I would like to see SNKP release a new console in the same style as the AES/MVS, ie. multiregion out of the box, both languages encoded as standard etc., identical hardware, so perfect ports are guaranteed-but all of this probably won't happen due to the fact that I can't see the home console being successful.
                      No doubt, SNKP are going to keep on with the machine for a while but with all the talk that's being chucked around about Garou 2 and Last Blade 3 etc., I'd rather they didn't turn out sequels with silly amounts of cut and paste, the versions that are out are already brilliant

Comment

namely Metal Slug 3 and SNK vs Capcom Chaos
                        The PS2-versions are better?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                          SCHMUCK
                          whatever

Comment

Seen a few combo demos for this

Truly amazing some of those crazy cats can do. Ok, so they they weren't playing against tournament opposition and the bouts did look pre-planned, since the vids were mainly demonstrations of corner traps with a few air-juggle infinites (Grant & Gato i think) with a few cool bouts where you see them 'just defending' super moves > guard break > then they go into their combo.

Great Stuff = KOF Cyberfanatics (you need to be registered to gamespy)
                            Look at the left column, scroll down to Garou: MOTW - The Last Prophecy, which weighs in at 79 megs. You do see a lot of repeat combos during the vid though.
                            The other MOTW vids are more or less the same, but they miss the 'Just Defended' antics of 'The Last Prophecy' vid.

Comment

thats the problem though - 99% of the time when regarding retro software you are giving nothing at all back to the people who made the games - does anyone really believe that every time metal slug is sold for the extortionate price that it is then a percentage of that is sent to the developer?
                              If you wanted to buy a Ferrari Dino, would you steal it? The money you spend doesnt go to Ferrari but hey I can't afford one so what am I to do if I want to own/drive one?

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
                                S

Great Stuff = KOF Cyberfanatics (you need to be registered to gamespy)
                                Look at the left column, scroll down to Garou: MOTW - The Last Prophecy, which weighs in at 79 megs. You do see a lot of repeat combos during the vid though.
                                I downloaded this a couple of weeks ago while waiting for my KOF '98 AES to arrive. F*cking great stuff! Everyone should see this!

Comment

Working...
                                X