• Show
Clear All

I'd add-

Ape Escape
    Colin McRae Rally 2
    Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
      I don't think Gradius Gaiden has been mentioned yet. PSX exclusive and arguably the best of the entire series.
      I didn't really gel with this one after playing it in hospital recovering from food poisoning (PSP). Perhaps I'll give it another go at some point.

Comment

Funnily enough one of these just popped up on my FB feed (List your top 5). It did nothing other than solidifying the fact that the general public have an extremely appalling taste in games.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Funnily enough one of these just popped up on my FB feed (List your top 5). It did nothing other than solidifying the fact that the general public have an extremely appalling taste in games.
          It popped up in mine because of your reply, those lists trotted out were just cookie cutter boring.

Comment

Gradius Gaiden is the game I always wanted but never had. I know it's on PSP but I wished I'd had it on the PS1, bah.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Well I've been absolutely caning R-Type Delta and RayStorm.

They are both utterly immense games, better than many of those pretentiously soulless indie ****es you find on Steam.

No rose-tinted specs here as I've never played either of them before. Being able to manually shift your ship speed up and down on R-Type, rather than depending on power-ups, is genius.
              Raystorm is in my top 5, that space stage is epic. R-type Delta is great too!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                Gradius Gaiden is the game I always wanted but never had. I know it's on PSP but I wished I'd had it on the PS1, bah.
                its not that hard to get, jazz ;-)

Comment

Indeed. Copy for 35 quid with obi on eBay UK currently.

Comment

£35's a lot I buy 99p games!

I always wanted it on PSN on PS3. Have they released it on the PS4?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      I always wanted it on PSN on PS3. Have they released it on the PS4?
                      Nah mate only options are:
                      Gradius Collection
                      Game
                      PSP®
                      £7.99

Arcade Archives GRADIUS
                      PSN Game
                      PS4
                      £5.79

Gradius V
                      PS2™ Classic
                      PS3
                      £7.99

Comment

I personally find it very difficult sticking with any Gradius game after rinsing V.

Comment

Having played Grad 3 n 4 on the PS2 Slim recently, it's heaven in how it feels, its RIGHT.

I think it's one proper sexy game, SNES as well, V is amazing but the feel of 3 is epic to me, proper 80s futurism.

Comment

Grad 3 n 4 and Silent Hill 2 are the only PS2 games I never got rid of since 2001
                            They still work awesome as well.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Nah mate only options are:
                              Gradius Collection
                              Game
                              PSP®
                              £7.99
                              I have the collection, it's a steal at that price, I still play it now.

Comment

Whilst Gradius V has some truly superb moments, I have to say I find it a bit boring. It's not really an arcade-style game (perhaps intentionally), the levels are long, I think I'm right in saying it takes well over an hour to complete in one sitting. And I absolutely hate that unskippable cutscene at the start of stage 2! I find Gaiden more enjoyable, and somehow just feels a bit more like a modern (only 21 years old ) take on Gradius. Lots of nice ideas and fun to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X