Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    I still do occasionally, and I stand by it. Not a rubbish game.

Has it aged? Obviously it has. Has better come along since? Sure.

The exact same can be said about SFII and we ALL know that series isn't rubbish.
    SFII was leagues ahead of anything SNK put out until KOF '96, which was five years later. KOF '95 suffers from SNK idiotic controls syndrome, much like pretty much everything before '96. There is simply zero point in playing '94 or '95 anymore because of that. Those stupid controls only hinder these games and make them annoyingly unplayable.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Some of my favourites missing off of the list but it's likely going to be ripped open anyways, so you can replace what you don't like.

Build quality means nothing if the emulation they go for is baba-whack. I'm still on the fence. That screen needs to be a belter as well with a correct resolution. None of that upscaling mess.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        SFII was leagues ahead of anything SNK put out until KOF '96, which was five years later. KOF '95 suffers from SNK idiotic controls syndrome, much like pretty much everything before '96. There is simply zero point in playing '94 or '95 anymore because of that. Those stupid controls only hinder these games and make them annoyingly unplayable.
        I honestly don't see/feel too much difference in the controls between the Orochi Saga KOFs. If anything, the later KOFs allow for more combo flexibility but that's surely more down to the game mechanics than the controls?

'94 would be my cut-off point.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

Build quality means nothing if the emulation they go for is baba-whack. I'm still on the fence.
          If it is genuinely manufactured in-house, they surely won't be going the route Tommo went with the X and putting a sh1t version of FBA on low-grade SOC hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            In all fairness, they are both that good that genuine debate can be had about which is the superior game. I feel that both should have been on the list for this.
            Yeah I love both. Some of it is how beautiful they look and sound so I feel in that regard that 2 did not make 1 redundant. I still like going back to 1.

Comment

The game list could be better, could be a lot worse. Hopefully they'll flesh it out with more titles down the line. In the meantime there's plenty of quality on there.

I do wish they'd chosen Pulstar over Blazing Star though

Comment

I'm upset that (INSERT NAME A HERE) isn't on the list of games, yet (INSERT NAME B HERE) made it?! Insanity!

It'd be interesting to hear some of the reasoning behind how they came up with that list.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Funny how everyone is suddenly flocking to this now. What made the deal?
                  I thought we were all being flippant

Comment

Two games on the MM than aren’t on the game list...
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Which isn't even on the list as I said before.

There's at least 12 utter turkeys on there. Football Frenzy? Really?
                      Oh, I thought it was. It's a good list and I liked Football Frenzy, it was fun and that missing in a lot of games today. . And sorry I think Last Resort is one of the best shooters ever made and the music score is just increabile .

You're getting 40 games, which is better than one got with the NES or Snes mini and no doubt the junk that SEGA will soon give us, just a little gutted that Soccer Brawl and Pulstar aren't there

I like that SNK have tried somthing different and hopfully some more games will follow for the unit.

Comment

[MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] I totally agree with you about Soccer Brawl.

One of the great first-wave Neo-Geo titles IMHO. It is constantly overlooked in compilations and I can't understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          just a little gutted that Soccer Brawl
                          I wonder if Soccer Brawl means a lot more to a generation of UK kids who grew up watching GamesWorld on Sky One. It was often used as one of the final games in their initial competitive format, but as a NeoGeo title which was never ported to other machines, it was always "out of reach" to most of us as kids (they also used to regularly play Samurai Shodown, but there were ports of that).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I wonder if Soccer Brawl means a lot more to a generation of UK kids who grew up watching GamesWorld on Sky One. It was often used as one of the final games in their initial competitive format, but as a NeoGeo title which was never ported to other machines, it was always "out of reach" to most of us as kids (they also used to regularly play Samurai Shodown, but there were ports of that).
                            I can see the point you're making, but I for one was playing Soccer Brawl long before GamesWorld started using it in their format. As a first-wave Neo title it was easily found in arcades all over the place and for the time it often looked as good or better than the other coin-ops alongside it.

I would imagine that North American gamers have something of an affinity towards it too for that reason, general North American apathy towards football notwithstanding.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-05-2018, 11:27.

Comment

Personally, I would've like more "traditional" shmups included with this thing.

Sonic Wings 2 & 3, Ironclad, Strikers 1945, Viewpoint...they would've done nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Used to play that game in my local chippy on my school lunch break. That was the game that really made me want the Neo Geo, but I couldn't afford one or afford the games, untill the Neo Geo CD came out sadly. Fablous game That like so many Neo Geo games is so much fun to play

Comment

Working...
                                X