No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair point mate. It'll be interesting to see how many of them they put out to market and what the demand is.

Comment

Not sure what it is but it does look... cheap. I dunno, this is for me siding hard down the lane of curio that will at least be interesting to read about once people get their hands on it. Given how seriously fans take the games and NG hardware those controls will need to be on the money and it's hard to imagine them getting that with the form factor without pushing the price insanely high. Personally I think they'll compromise, not horrifically, but enough that it balances down to functional yet reasonable affordable for fans. Neither wowing SNK purists but also not attracted the scorn the X did. Weirdly, the X got me more nostalgic. Games list isn't an issue though, enough key titles and it'll be hacked to hell in no time, plus they're dime a dozen elsewhere anyway and the controllers remain the SNK Stars as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Do you know what's funny about that list? It's written exactly how the Chinese knock off multi carts are written. Same font, same lay out, same odd placement of games such as spliting the metal Slug titles. If I saw that printed list on its own I'd swear it was a multi cart list.
        Isn't everything made in China these days, no doubt all off the same production line too. I just really hope the Emu is good, that will make or break the system imo

Comment

Not sure if I'll bother. I got most of the games on the games list too.

Comment

The games list should have extended to 50, so the likes of Soccer Brawl and Top Hunter could be included. I can see why some people are interested in buying it, because it could be a nice little machine if the quality is high. It will be such a shame if the build quality is dodgy and the emulation has issues. We can only hope that it lives up to its potential, even if that means you have to pay a premium price. Fingers crossed.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-05-2018, 04:30.

Comment

I'd like one, but the games list leaves me cold.

Comment

"I can play all these on emulation."
                "Yes, but this is SNK hardware and I want to avoid piracy."
                "There's only 40 games on it."
                "It's OK, I'll hack it and put the others on..."

This really needed to have everything on it to be a viable option.

Some new pics:
                Après Nintendo, Sega puis récemment Atari, c'est au tour du constructeur japonais SNK d'annoncer la sortie prochaine d'une console rétro : la Neo Geo Mini !

Comment

If those NGCD pads are USB-C I'll buy a couple for Mame on my laptop.

Comment

If N had made something that looked like this people would be all "Nintendo is teh kiddie" as the whole design looks juvenile and cheap.

Comment

I can't see why they didn't just include every officially released Neo Geo game? Surely storage isn't an issue as the roms don't take up that much space.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        If N had made something that looked like this people would be all "Nintendo is teh kiddie" as the whole design looks juvenile and cheap.
                        Are you saying that the pre-2006 State Union of Serbia and Montenegro flag is juvenile and cheap?

Comment

Hmmm, there's a lot of repetition of title screens on the back of that box!

Comment

It looks awful in that new photo, cheap and nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                              Hmmm, there's a lot of repetition of title screens on the back of that box!
                              Yes, that's a bit suspicious!

Mmmmmmonkey, what's your favourite console to mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                It looks awful in that new photo, cheap and nasty.
                                It’s pro gear spec

Comment

Working...
                                X