Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Are you saying that the pre-2006 State Union of Serbia and Montenegro flag is juvenile and cheap?

Best run along with that knock off

Comment

Maybe if you played the Neo Geo Mini on its back it would look like that.

Comment

It looks cheap. The screen is tiny too.

Comment

That stick looks poor. I will say one thing though - at least the screen is 4:3. Well, that or they've hidden the left and right sides behind the bezel.

And yes, repetition of title screens and also games. World Heroes appears twice with the same Japanese written underneath both times.

Comment

I'm deffo going for the Japanese version. The coloured buttons are much better than the grey ones.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Comment

The NEOGEO mini, a video game console celebrating the 40th Anniversary of SNK’s brand is announced!
                40 legendary NEOGEO titles will be included!

The NEOGEO mini is a video game console, which will include 40 nostalgic titles from the NEOGEO system, which made its debut in 1990. This console will feature a 3.5 inches display, meaning the games can be enjoyed with no need to connect to a TV or monitor! The size of the NEOGEO mini means it fits perfectly in the palm of one’s hand. The NEOGEO mini will be available in two different designs, one for the Asian market and the other one for overseas markets (for North America, South America, Europe and other regions). With its design in black, white, and red, the Japanese version of the NEOGEO mini will faithfully reproduce the original NEOGEO arcade cabinet that was introduced in Japan in 1990. The overseas version will be a simple and modern design in black, white and blue.
                We hope you look forward to enjoying the NEOGEO mini along with its legendary and popular NEOGEO titles.
                For more details such as the release date and title lineup, please stay tuned for future announcements.
                TITLE DETAILS:
                ■Product name: NEOGEO mini
                ■Number of titles: 40 titles
                ■Display size: 3.5 inches
                ■Size and weight: W135mm x D108mm x H162mm /600g
                ■Accessory: Power supply cable (AC adaptor will not be included)
                ■Connection terminals: HDMI terminal (Input for TV monitor), headphone terminal, 2 external controller terminals

Comment

I think I'll have to see how much this is before I commit.
                  I kinda like the form factor of a mini arcade (I love those Pi projects and the Tiny Arcade series), but I'm more attached to the design of the home console (which I still think looks cool today).

I'm happy that this thing exists, I'm just worried it won't reach its potential.

Comment

Nice looking novelty item but really should have gone with an AES mini.

Comment

I know I said it looks like the pre-2006 State Union of Serbia and Montenegro flag, but I can't stop thinking that the Japanese version looks like a FAB lolly.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-05-2018, 08:13.

Comment

I’ll wager it’ll be hand crampingly horrible to use in hand, making it utterly pointless.

Comment

-1 for basing the design on the SC-19 instead of the Neo19 means no mini light up marquee

Comment

Have you got a real one of those?

Comment

Now THIS is the real Neo Geo mini! (SC14-2)

Comment

I love how the Japanese market get the nice one and we get the horrible one with grey buttons lol

Comment

Working...
                                X