No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AES pcb was pretty much the same size as the system Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      AES pcb was pretty much the same size as the system Jason?
      Yep, unit isn't that tall either so there isn't that much empty space...

Comment

No I get that but all the tech was in the cartridge, the machine never really change from start to finish except sound revisions and the like

Like I said If I had the choice of using a home system through my gash telly or a neo candy with stereo sound then I would prefer the latter, even with modern brilliant tellys the neo geo doesn't look great unless you get a uni bios or rgb modded, the same with most if not all of the consoles from the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yes. Yes, I am.
          That explains so much.

Comment

MVS and AES PCB’s are largely the same outside of multi-slots. What is this tangent getting at exactly?
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Something something modern TVs suck at upscaling 240p?

Comment

If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to constantly sound like you’re doing the voice-over on a Hollywood movie trailer:

Last edited by _SD_; 10-06-2018, 02:32.

Comment

Ugh at that huge ass bezel and wasted screen real estate and lol at it being so small and light that it’ll fly around the table as you play with your fingertips.

It’s like they zigged each time they should’ve zagged.

Comment

The two differing game lists:

Comment

Basically loads of KOF on the mini and slugs and shooters on the international

I will buy both some good games in there

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                        If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to constantly sound like you’re doing the voice-over on a Hollywood movie trailer:

That is not a real person is it?

Forcing me to buy both versions again *sigh* getting tired of this scam, just make one with all the games or gtfo. On second thoughts I’ll buy one and wait for the hack.
                        Last edited by SuperDanX; 10-06-2018, 08:43.

Comment

Did he really just say his name was Max Power?

Comment

What’s the situation with the two different versions? Just splitting by region? Can’t imagine they couldn’t fit all those games on one system...

Comment

That games list goes to highlight perfectly how stupidly unbalanced the neo library is. fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting and more fighting, a genre that i really cant be arsed with at all. A lot of the neo library is pretty lacklustre to say the least. But saying that there is one exception, the metal slug series are still masterpieces of animation and detail, even in 2018 they still look as impressive as ever and it's the one and only one thing that would make me shell out for a mini. The slug games are the only thing i would buy it for and the only thing i would end up playing on it.

However there are many variables that havent been answered. Firstly how good or poor the emulation is especially after the joke that was the neo geo x and the obscene price it released for. I can quite happily play the slug games perfectly emulated with scanlines in mame so it needs to be able to match that emulation quality as a minimum. I'll most likely be waiting to hear impressions before i buy one however if this thing has a 3 figure price tag they can forget it.

Comment

Where is Turf Masters?!

Comment

Working...
                                X