No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just needed to be a small AES with HDMI and a scanline option. Plus full-size sticks with Seimitsu parts. Whatever built-games doesn’t matter, as long as the Hakchi guys work it out. That would be perfect.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Twice, just to make sure you know what I’m saying RS.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Now thats dedication!

Must say that I'm intrigued by this platform now and am hoping this Mini delivers on its promise as I can see why having the correct type of controllers is so essential for that whole arcade at home experience. That little dinky looking toy in the pic though...

Comment

When I came across the news, I was all WTF? This is the greatest thing I’d heard. However we have deducted that it’s not going to be what I described. It may still be good, but the absolute must is the controllers. That is what’ll make or break it for me.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Nice one, that fast forward emulation news in the other thread is really impressive. If they start implementing that in the ports then it literally changes the game.

RS becomes a Pi believer in 3... 2...
            RetroArch 3DS tested. Final Fight now works how I like it. Guy's infinite trap works exactly how it should, every time. It's truly unbelievable.

If they can update their emulation with this trick I'll be fine with it no matter the form factor. An IPS panel would be great, and as Daryl says quality stick and buttons. These are (kind of) the same people that brought us the NGPC, so I have at least some hope.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                No, Noer, Noest.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So the Future is crap, Thought as much

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                    Was it really bad? For why?
                    was a cheap Chinese handheld with a wide screen display that stretched games or left big black borders at the side, so not really designed with neo geo games in mind, emulation was crap too. It had issues with battery swelling, the dock it came with was crap and you could only get a limited number of games officially that where sold on sd cards.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Well, I think it looks awesome. I just hope the screen, emulation, and controls are all peerless.

Comment

I love that cab design, I’ve been planning to burgle Zaki’s house for some time now. I hate this. But like it. But I hate it.

Comment

Foxtrot Uncle Charlie Kilo
                            Oscar Foxtrot Foxtrot.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Well, I think it looks awesome. I just hope the screen, emulation, and controls are all peerless.
                              Unless it weighs about fifteen kilos, you aren't gonna be pulling off a Ryuuko Ranbu anytime soon.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                                Was it really bad? For why?
                                Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                was a cheap Chinese handheld with a wide screen display that stretched games or left big black borders at the side, so not really designed with neo geo games in mind, emulation was crap too. It had issues with battery swelling, the dock it came with was crap and you could only get a limited number of games officially that where sold on sd cards.

Pretty much the correct explanation for the Neo-Geo X's sheer unadulterated crapness but at this point there are plenty of things about it to read and watch online to find out for yourself, in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
                                X