No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes you wonder why these companies fail so spectacularly hard when it comes to these devices.

Comment

I would like a bartop. If this ends up being roughly arcade size and can be hacked to add other machines, I will be buying.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        I would like a bartop. If this ends up being roughly arcade size and can be hacked to add other machines, I will be buying.
        Even Beadle would have a hard time using this. That's how small it is.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Whoever the phuk owns the SNK IP these days surely only had one job here: Make an AES Classic Mini.

Comment

Such a strange design choice. I find it bizarre that companies go all the way through brain storming, r&d, demo and then retail with crap like this like there was no one around to say “this is a bit crap”.

Either keep it all the way real and make an Uber expensive bar top with all the right hardware and sell a few hundred thousand niche units or make a mini style cheapie and sell a few units more because there is but limited appeal. Instead we get this guff. For the second time.

“I told you a long time ago you little monkey not to fck me” - me to SNK. A long time ago when they were outside of my pocket money bracket. And it still stands today. Cheeky little monkeys!

Comment

All they had to do was make a mini AES with full size sticks. It would have sold in thousands. Let the hackers mess with it, and it would have been perfect. The ONLY thing they had to do was get the sticks right. Same feel as 1990 with expensive Seimitsu parts, and it’d have been a dream (match). The old guard alone would have broke it even.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can't have both 1990 feel and expensive Seimitsu parts Daryl, it's one or the other!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  You can't have both 1990 feel and expensive Seimitsu parts Daryl, it's one or the other!
                  In fantasy land you can have whatever you want!

Comment

You’re older than me [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]! I think that’s alright. We might not have known who made those parts back then, but authentic feel is a must if some wiseguy had this idea.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You could have done for what the Neo Geo X cost!

Comment

The original AES sticks used Seimitsu LS-40, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Mind you the unit brings back happy memories of my Grandstand Astro Wars that I had for Christmas back inthe day

I have one of those - and while I like it, I wouldn't want to play Neo Geo games on such a tiny screen.

At least all this talk of 'tabletops' has made me feel like getting all my machines out of storage.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          Whoever the phuk owns the SNK IP these days surely only had one job here: Make an AES Classic Mini.
                          Yeah, just make a quality mini AES with nice arcade sticks, or even Neo Geo CD pads, and people would have been happy.

That's what I expected, seeing that mini consoles are all the rage at the moment.
                          But instead, people have been left feeling...

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post

Either keep it all the way real and make an Uber expensive bar top with all the right hardware and sell a few hundred thousand niche units or make a mini style cheapie and sell a few units more because there is but limited appeal. Instead we get this guff. For the second time.
                          Yeah, it wasn't a difficult task. Either make a top quality tabletop mini arcade machine, or a quality mini console that actually runs Neo Geo games well enough to be convincing. Even charging something like $200 for a high quality mini machine with good controllers would have been seen as acceptable by a lot of retro gamers.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 02-05-2018, 05:10.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            The original AES sticks used Seimitsu LS-40, no?
                            Yep. Hence why they are so good.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Comment

Well thats a buy for me, now then

Comment

Working...
                                X