It should have been ported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wondered why this game never got a home conversion:

Edward Randy is a Videogame by Data East (circa 1990). A fighting game that is about some B-Movies.

(Probably because no consoles at the time would've been able to do it justice.)

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Talking of VR, why not port this to PSVR, Oculus Rift, or whatever:

Or maybe not...
      At least Sony paid attention to the headset.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post

Edward Randy is a Videogame by Data East (circa 1990). A fighting game that is about some B-Movies.

I was hunting for this game for many years. I finally found the definitive English pcb with Japanese level order.

It's a beautiful game to look at, but has the most ropey controls you can imagine!

Such a big disappointment. I did manage to sell it for twice what I paid though, which helped fund better games

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
          I was on about aliens, don't disagree with avp, but they handled decent ports of the turtle's scrolling games, so you never know.
          My bad I reckon it would have ported nicely too. As you said, they did a good job with Turtles (and sunset riders!).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            I think that they would have struggled with Alien Vs Predator. That game has so much happening on screen!
            Yeah, AVP wouldn't have worked on the MD & SNES. It would have been perfect for the Saturn. I guess Capcom decided not to pay more money for the console rights.

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post

I think it looks like something you'd get on the Saturn. It's a 1990 game though, so was getting on a bit by the time the 32-bit consoles appeared.

I wish Planet Harriers had been ported to the Dreamcast. But maybe because it used the Hikaru board, it was too advanced for a convincing port to be possible. Either that, or because it came out at the end of 2000, Sega thought it was a bit late in the day to bother to port it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              This feels very plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                [Racing Apex
                I was quite excited about this, but then I noticed the weapons. Does it have a pure racing mode?

Comment

It's daft how often Sega qualifies for this:

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    It's daft how often Sega qualifies for this
                    Amazing game, Played it down in Barry Island (the Cab is still there)

Some more for me

Line Of Fire - Should have been on the Mega CD with full ASIC scaling

Alien 3 The Gun - Really should have been on the Saturn.

Spiderman The Arcade game - This Gem really should have been on the Saturn

Strider - On the Mega CD made by the Final Fight team with the Arcades full animation, all the speech and cutscenes along with remixed Music and Arcade perfect sound effects (just like Final Fight CD)

R-Type - Really should have been on the Mega Drive using an 8 Meg cart and where it would have been all but Arcade Perfect

Ocean Hunter - Loved this Model 3 game (the sound was immense) Really should have been on the DC.

2 Spicy - This ace shooter should be on VR along with tons of SEGA's light gun games

Also one can hope SOJ grow a brain and hopefully ports a special console version of its upcoming Soul Reverse
                    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 08-08-2018, 09:28.

Comment

Surprised you haven't mentioned Gunblade [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]. I mean it eventually got a pretty good version on the Wii but it was a shame there was no contemporary version. Not certain it would've worked so well but I guess we'll never know.

Comment

Surprised you haven't mentioned Gunblade [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]. I mean it eventually got a pretty good version on the Wii but it was a shame there was no contemporary version. Not certain it would've worked so well but I guess we'll never know.
                        I have the Wii Version and its a nice port, so that's why I didn't talk of it . I mean if I had my way SEGA would be putting the likes of GunBalde, LA Machineguns, Lets Go Jungle, Ghost Squad, VC III Ect up on the PS store for use with PSVR and the VR Aim controller.

Maybe one day SOJ will grow a brain, they again maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          I have the Wii Version and its a nice port, so that's why I didn't talk of it . I mean if I had my way SEGA would be putting the likes of GunBalde, LA Machineguns, Lets Go Jungle, Ghost Squad, VC III Ect up on the PS store for use with PSVR and the VR Aim controller.
                          Would you do it like the experience of standing in front of a virtual arcade machine?

Comment

Would you do it like the experience of standing in front of a virtual arcade machine?
                            Be nice, I'll just be happy for a no thrills ports of SEGA amazing light gun games on the system that can support light gun games these days. Rush Of Blood is amazing and shows VR is perfect for lightgun based games and now with the Aim VR controller it would be perfect for the likes of Ghost Squad.

Comment

This is something I've thought about. It would be amazing to see a VR Time Crisis, but it would also be cool if they created a VR version of TC2 where you step up to a virtual deluxe cab.

Comment

Alien 3 The Gun - Really should have been on the Saturn.
                                Another case of a company probably not wanting to pay more for the home rights.

R-Type - Really should have been on the Mega Drive using an 8 Meg cart and where it would have been all but Arcade Perfect
                                Yeah, this was mentioned earlier, that the MD should have had an R-Type game. The machine is synonymous with shoot 'em ups, so maybe an exclusive MD R-Type would have been the best option in the early-90s.

Also one can hope SOJ grow a brain and hopefully ports a special console version of its upcoming Soul Reverse
                                The people running Sega need to put more effort into digital marketplaces. If Indie developers can find success, surely Sega can make some decent money out of digital gaming. We need arcade perfect ports of Sega arcade games from 1990 to now.

Comment

Working...
                                X