Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    This is the first time in six/seven months that the Mega Sg has been restocked, so they're definitely not outselling the Pocket (a machine that has been scarce itself!).
    We don't know how many units they're getting with each re-stock though. The numbers clearly vary as the first Super NT re-stock last year sold out in minutes where as following the next re-stock they were in stock for weeks (maybe months?). They could be getting far more Mega SGs, especially if the Pocket is more affected by component shortages.

It's obviously just my opinion, but Analogue have been known to retire past hardware after a few runs. As @fuse rightly says, there was talk of Analogue ditching that pattern to make a "core" set of hardware regularly available but I personally just wonder if the ongoing chip shortage/pandemic has made that more hassle than its worth at the current time.

What is clear is that the Pocket is Analogue's breakout hardware by a distance. It's brought them into the mainstream. It doesn't have to be the priority but then why wouldn't it be?
    Again, doesn't necessarily translate into sales though (especially as you're signing up to a waiting list which is probably beyond their control). I know a lot of my friends who don't usually follow these things very closely are aware of the Pocket, but none of them have bought one.

It may well be the case the Pocket sells far more units, but if they can supply the pocket and the consoles side-by-side, it makes sense to continue to do so. Obviously I know very little about their supply chain, but I don't see why it's one or the other.
    Last edited by ZipZap; 09-04-2022, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
      We don't know how many units they're getting with each re-stock though. The numbers clearly vary as the first Super NT re-stock last year sold out in minutes where as following the next re-stock they were in stock for weeks (maybe months?). They could be getting far more Mega SGs, especially if the Pocket is more affected by component shortages.

Again, doesn't necessarily translate into sales though (especially as you're signing up to a waiting list which is probably beyond their control). I know a lot of my friends who don't usually follow these things very closely are aware of the Pocket, but none of them have bought one.

It may well be the case the Pocket sells far more units, but if they can supply the pocket and the consoles side-by-side, it makes sense to continue to do so. Obviously I know very little about their supply chain, but I don't see why it's one or the other.
      If the component shortages/pandemic weren't causing production issues, then surely Analogue would be fully stocked with everything? The fact that they're not kinda speaks for itself IMO.

We'll see, but like I said they've historically retired hardware after a couple of runs of it. They might not do that with the Mega Sg/Super Nt, for sure. I just suspect that that they might retire them, that's all. The current production situation would make it easier for them to and, despite what we think of them, those products have never had the mass media coverage that the Pocket got and stuff that like matters.

But again, we'll see.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-04-2022, 07:16.

Comment

If the component shortages/pandemic weren't causing production issues, then surely Analogue would be fully stocked with everything? The fact that they're not kinda speaks for itself IMO.

We'll see, but like I said they've historically retired hardware after a couple of runs of it. They might not do that with the Mega Sg/Super Nt, for sure. I just suspect that that they might retire them, that's all. The current production situation would make it easier for them to and, despite what we think of them, those products have never had the mass media coverage that the Pocket got and stuff that like matters.

But again, we'll see.
        I wasn't meaning to imply some products weren't being hit by component shortages.

I think compared to the Analogue NT/NT Mini, the Super NT and Mega SG feel like products designed to be manufactured more easily and sold at a more affordable price, which suggests to me long-term.

But none of us really know their strategy, what sells and what production problems they may be having, so as you say, we'll see!

Comment

I wasn't meaning to imply some products weren't being hit by component shortages.

I think compared to the Analogue NT/NT Mini, the Super NT and Mega SG feel like products designed to be manufactured more easily and sold at a more affordable price, which suggests to me long-term.

But none of us really know their strategy, what sells and what production problems they may be having, so as you say, we'll see!
          Analogue in doing what they've always historically done and discontinue their hardware after a couple of production runs shocker.

One last run of the Super Nt & Mega Sg confirmed.

I'm guessing/assuming/hoping that this now means that Analogue are starting production of the Duo?
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-10-2022, 16:27.

Comment

-edit-

I've got this all wrong. So the pocket adaptor set includes three adaptors, one for the Lynx, one for the Neo Geo Pocket/Colour and one for the PC Engine. The Game Gear adaptor isn't included but is still available to order on the website. Think I'll grab the Game Gear adaptor, I can pass on the rest.

Consolewise I think I should just bite the bullet on a MiSTer.

Pocket Preorder Shipping, Analogue Pocket Adapters Preorder, Super Nt & Mega Sg Final Run
            Last edited by Cepp; 17-10-2022, 07:54.

Comment

I read the email from Analogue as each cart adapter costing $99 which seemed a bit steep. Not sure if I’ll order them all as there aren’t too many Lynx games I’m interested in.

Comment

The other big news from yesterday is that '95%' of Group B and Group C orders will ship before the end of 2022, with Group B shipping to commence during October. Group C was originally meant to be 2023 so they've been moved up a lot.

As I'm in Group B I'm hoping to get my machine in the next four to six weeks. Still a little while but I'd had in my head that I likely wouldn't receive it till around January, so it's a nice surprise.

As for the cart adapters, it's a swizz you need to buy them as a triple pack imo - I have no use for the PCE or Lynx adapters, I only wanted the NGPC one. So I'll probably leave it, since they'll come out to probably ~£160+ including tax and shipping. Plus they're not going to be arriving till Q3 2023!

RE: the discontinuation of the Super NT and Mega SG after a final run, I think it probably makes sense at this point. They clearly have massive ongoing issues with manufacturing capacity, and my assumption is that the NT and SG will be replaced by machines or a machine which can support the same Analogue OS as the Pocket.

Maybe down the line we will see an Analogue Console which is essentially like a docked Pocket without the screen. It might accept SNES carts by default but then have adapters sold for NES/MS/MD, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  I read the email from Analogue as each cart adapter costing $99 which seemed a bit steep. Not sure if I’ll order them all as there aren’t too many Lynx games I’m interested in.
                  That's how I read it too. All 3 for 99USD is still steep but 99 USD for one is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

RE: the discontinuation of the Super NT and Mega SG after a final run, I think it probably makes sense at this point. They clearly have massive ongoing issues with manufacturing capacity, and my assumption is that the NT and SG will be replaced by the Analogue Duo.
                    Corrected.

Comment

In the short term, probably, but longer term it would make sense to me if they did a combined machine with cartridge adapters, like the Pocket. I'm just guessing, though!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        In the short term, probably, but longer term it would make sense to me if they did a combined machine with cartridge adapters, like the Pocket. I'm just guessing, though!
                        Oh for sure.

I'm just trying to project it out into the universe. I want that bloody Analogue Duo, dammit!!

Comment

It looks incredibly dope. You have to be stupidly patient to get your hands on this stuff!

Comment

Both Mega Sg and Super Nt are back in stock.

Price increases of the units were expected but the shipping costs to Europe take the p1ss IMO, and that's before any import tax is mentioned. Q4 2023 shipping isn't impressive either.

I did plan at some point down the line to purchase a Super Nt but I might now have to accept that this won't happen. This may well be what spurs me on to finally take the MiSTer plunge.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 15-11-2022, 12:48.

Comment

Q4 2023 shipping isn't impressive either.
                              That makes me think no-one is getting their hands on a Duo until 2024 at the earliest.

I love my Super NT and Mega SG, but it does make me think I should build a Mister rather than hoping for future Analogue releases of other consoles.

Comment

That makes me think no-one is getting their hands on a Duo until 2024 at the earliest.
                                I hope you're wrong about that, but I suspect that you'll be proven right.

Comment

Working...
                                X