Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amiga shoot 'em ups: Are any worth playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I’ve never had an Amiga... will a CD32 play all the games?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      will a CD32 play all the games?
      I've heard about people making compilations of A500 games for the CD32 -- and they work fine. I guess you might get some games that don't like the CD32, but I guess people have fixed them. They say the CD32 is a great machine for people who just want to play Amiga games.

Comment

I would be upgrading it with a TerribleFire TF330 jobbie, so I’d be running everything off a CF card hard drive anyway.

Comment

I would be upgrading it with a TerribleFire TF330 jobbie, so I’d be running everything off a CF card hard drive anyway.
          I'll look into that, as it looks really good. I like the idea of being able to play most Amiga games using a CD32 and CF card.

Disposable Hero is quite an impressive shooter for the A1200 & CD32.

Comment

Yeah, and then you have the added bonus of using a proper luxurious CD32 controller...

I’m sure I’ve heard of Disposable Hero before, but never seen it; looks really quite good.

Comment

using a proper luxurious CD32 controller...

It's a very strange design. I haven't used one, but I guess it doesn't feel too good.

I was going to buy a CD32 back in the day, but decided against it. It just didn't have any games that shouted 'must-have'. But I'd be interested in one now to play the whole Amiga catalogue.

I used an arcade stick with my Amiga back in the day, which worked really well. But I've failed to find any mention of it on the net. It wasn't made by one of the big brands.

Comment

My fav Amiga shmups - Katakis, Hybrid, Battle Squadron, X-Out, Aminos, SWIV, Banshee, Apidya and Xenon.

SWIV is quite different from the console versions with shiny metallic visuals and not as good a game but worth a look.

Comment

So what games in other genres are worth playing on the Amiga, preferably system exclusive, or better than their console counterparts? I mean really good, console quality platformers, run n’ guns, RPGs that aren’t all point & click, etc...

Do you want to have a separate thread for this or carry on here?

Comment

Do you want to have a separate thread for this or carry on here?
                    I think it's best to create a new topic focused on Amiga games that are fun to play. With CF card readers making Amiga gaming more accessible, I think it's a good time to discuss all sorts of games for the system.

Comment

The graphics and animation look pretty good.

This has an unusual theme and nice sprite work.

Comment

Working...
                      X