No announcement yet.

Capcom Home Arcade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting for delivery of my Bandai Namco Entertainment Home Entertainment stick.

Comment

I hope it’s a four player version

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Still waiting for delivery of my Bandai Namco Entertainment Home Entertainment stick.

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
        Capcom arcade stick currently £100 at Argos
        Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

got one for collection
        Hmmm interesting
        Also 6 months buy now pay later if you have an Argos card
        In stock at my one too

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          That is an excellent price, but it's worth remembering that Argos now take money from you beforehand for a Click & Collect reservation.
          Thanks

Didnt bother with reserving it just paid for it
          just used the Argos card in case I have a change of mind as they refund in 7 days if not collected
          Last edited by tyjay; 21-11-2020, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Hmmm interesting
            Also 6 months buy now pay later if you have an Argos card
            In stock at my one too
            thats all I did ��

Comment

**** it, I’ve got an Argos card and they’re in stock in my local one too. What’s one more mini console? Mini in the figurative sense here, obvs.
              Last edited by endo; 24-11-2020, 08:06.

Comment

Damn, now I'm tempted....

Comment

And ordered......

Comment

I'm weak, went into town to get a puncture repaired and came home with a CHA. Didn't get time to set it up before work but man that's a big unit.

Comment

I got excited and then had an attack of the sensibles ... great price though ... the hardware components alone must be worth that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I got excited and then had an attack of the sensibles ... great price though ... the hardware components alone must be worth that.
                        Pretty much. When I swapped out the parts on my HRAP4, the stick and buttons came to over £40. Mine should be delivered tomorrow so I'll see how it looks on my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Play with your friends while maintaining social distancing!

Comment

"Play with your friends while maintaining social distancing!"

Classic!

Comment

Set this up this evening and I have to say I’m well impressed with it. First impressions are of a pleasing heft to the unit while setting it up but good to see long cables with it taking into account peeps playing on the sofa. When it first booted the lag while going through the settings was bad but the unit was still on firmware version 1.0 which quickly updated to 1.51. Huge difference. More options for audio and video and way more responsive. Even down to things like the Capcom logo at boot up being animated and an improved front end with individual options per game.
                              In operation the games seem to run very well. I went to Final Fight and Gigwing first to check the video options and get a feel for things given I’ve played those titles a fair but over the years and all seems good. Next up Progear. Just a joy to play this again. Why did I ever sell my PCB? ah well. Also it was great to play AvP for the first time in probably twenty years. It’s amazing this never received a home port to the Saturn or PlayStation such a good game with a lot of replayability given how different each of the characters are.
                              The controls on the unit seem good quality although personally I’d prefer a shorter throw stick for the shooters but I guess this is aimed at the fighting games. Oddly you can’t seem to selected untouched visuals without the bezel. I don’t really fancy two large yellow Capcom logos displayed the whole time in game on an OLED of the vintage I own. I’ve settled for the CRT filter with its faint shadow mask lines. A good compromise.
                              Overall I’d say at the new price point this is worthwhile. I gather there is a hack for it but haven’t looked into it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Set this up this evening and I have to say I’m well impressed with it. First impressions are of a pleasing heft to the unit while setting it up but good to see long cables with it taking into account peeps playing on the sofa. When it first booted the lag while going through the settings was bad but the unit was still on firmware version 1.0 which quickly updated to 1.51. Huge difference. More options for audio and video and way more responsive. Even down to things like the Capcom logo at boot up being animated and an improved front end with individual options per game.
                                In operation the games seem to run very well. I went to Final Fight and Gigwing first to check the video options and get a feel for things given I’ve played those titles a fair but over the years and all seems good. Next up Progear. Just a joy to play this again. Why did I ever sell my PCB? ah well. Also it was great to play AvP for the first time in probably twenty years. It’s amazing this never received a home port to the Saturn or PlayStation such a good game with a lot of replayability given how different each of the characters are.
                                The controls on the unit seem good quality although personally I’d prefer a shorter throw stick for the shooters but I guess this is aimed at the fighting games. Oddly you can’t seem to selected untouched visuals without the bezel. I don’t really fancy two large yellow Capcom logos displayed the whole time in game on an OLED of the vintage I own. I’ve settled for the CRT filter with its faint shadow mask lines. A good compromise.
                                Overall I’d say at the new price point this is worthwhile. I gather there is a hack for it but haven’t looked into it yet.
                                good impressions
                                I’ll be picking mine up on Thursday at the latest when I’m off work
                                cant wait to give it a go now

what length are the cables

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X