No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha, I can picture you fuming. It's like they're trying to be knobs about it.

Love the ability to track when you played it - basically loads on the first two days as you test ROMs out, then a couple of days after in the following week. Then twice for the rest of the year when you fired it up on a 20 minute train journey.

#cynic

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Love the ability to track when you played it - basically loads on the first two days as you test ROMs out, then a couple of days after in the following week. Then twice for the rest of the year when you fired it up on a 20 minute train journey.

I feel attacked.

Comment

Hey I've put 25 hours into Pokémon Gold these last few weeks! I'd be playing on my Pocket right now if I could.

The marketing is wank but I don't care about that. Also, aren't you an Apple enthusiast wakka?

Comment

I'm keeping my GBA AGB-001 with IPS screen. I've decided I'm going to use it as a project and fix the (minor) issues with it, eventually. I'll grab a GBA Everdrive when they do the Black Friday deals.

I just need an illuminated display solution for my NGPC and I'm laughing. No more need for a Pocket. I never liked vertical handhelds anyway.

I also like how both of the aforementioned handhelds are my originals from way back in the day. They're still going strong, so I'm going to keep them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Hey I've put 25 hours into Pokémon Gold these last few weeks! I'd be playing on my Pocket right now if I could.

The marketing is wank but I don't care about that. Also, aren't you an Apple enthusiast wakka?
            I know I actually am a Mac dork. I think that almost makes me cringe more, it's like Analogue are trying so hard to 'do Apple' and going totally overboard in the process

Comment

I can see [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] picking up his Analogue Pocket, plugging in a game, loading up the library feature and ending with a "Salt Bae" style flourish.

Comment

Before I do that I get confused about how there's a charger in the box with it and I didn't need to buy one separately

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I'm keeping my GBA AGB-001 with IPS screen. I've decided I'm going to use it as a project and fix the (minor) issues with it, eventually. I'll grab a GBA Everdrive when they do the Black Friday deals.
                  I'm still waiting for a drop in solution that has no screen tilt for the regular GBA as I'd like to use an OEM shell without cutting. Any day now.

I got both my GBA X5 and GB X7 via that BF deal, I'll probably end up picking up the GBA X5 Mini too sooner or later. Annoyingly they revealed the Mini a mere few months later.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    I can see [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] picking up his Analogue Pocket, plugging in a game, loading up the library feature and ending with a "Salt Bae" style flourish.
                    I'm picturing wakka doing an unboxing, sprinkling the instructions/safety guide/laptop stickers from his fingers

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I know I actually am a Mac dork. I think that almost makes me cringe more, it's like Analogue are trying so hard to 'do Apple' and going totally overboard in the process
                      Unfortunately most companies are trying to copy Apple’s pretentious marketing, it made me laugh when one Kickstarter video I saw had the usual apple spiel and kept going on about how they make products that people love and that their new Kickstarter product was the best product that they have ever made, what made it funny was that this was only their second product. The reason Apple can get away with it is because they have a 40+ year history and have actually made products that have revolutionized/transformed entire industries and changed the world. When you see companies like Analogue doing it it just comes across as arrogant and pretentious and turns more people off of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        Unfortunately most companies are trying to copy Apple’s pretentious marketing, it made me laugh when one Kickstarter video I saw had the usual apple spiel and kept going on about how they make products that people love and that their new Kickstarter product was the best product that they have ever made, what made it funny was that this was only their second product. The reason Apple can get away with it is because they have a 40+ year history and have actually made products that have revolutionized/transformed entire industries and changed the world. When you see companies like Analogue doing it it just comes across as arrogant and pretentious and turns more people off of the company.
                        Ha, yes, exactly. And on top of that, most of the time the copywriting is really bad. Apple's style is easy to ape but deceptively difficult to get right.

Which is why you end up with gibberish like 'The database that serves Library was developed holistically, from the ground up, with the highest standard possible.' when it's written by people who don't have the same writing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Ha, yes, exactly. And on top of that, most of the time the copywriting is really bad. Apple's style is easy to ape but deceptively difficult to get right.

Which is why you end up with gibberish like 'The database that serves Library was developed holistically, from the ground up, with the highest standard possible.' when it's written by people who don't have the same writing skills.
                          If I wrote that nonsense at work someone would make me explain myself, in front of lots of people. And I'd be unable to because it's nonsense.

'The database that serves Library was developed holistically"
                          Translation: We thought about the whole system, not just a bit of it when we designed a database. <-- Well done you

", from the ground up"
                          Translation: It's a new database, not one we found just lying around. <-- ok

", with the highest standard possible.'"
                          Translation: We did the best we could <-- Again, good for you

Comment

I think the idea of using any kind of serious and pretentious wording for a device aimed at playing games is a folly in itself. They're games! They're meant to be fun! It's like the wording for some kind of business accounting solution, but applied to something that can play "Barbie: Game Girl".

Comment

Excuse me. This is not for fun. This is a reference level scholarly cataloguing.

Comment

With the highest standard possible, of course.

People generally just can't grammar.

Comment

Working...
                                X