Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booooo!

I like that I was more excited for the release of this than the new generation of Xbox/PS5.

Comment

Yeah, I ordered a JP one. <clown emoji>

Comment

Congrats to everyone who ordered exciting.

Comment

I got home just before 1900 and managed to order the JPN model no bother. I was surprised they were still available.

Comment

Yeah they're still around, too. I'm surprised. Guess maybe these aren't as popular as the other systems they've made. For those without physical PCE/CD collections, I think there's also maybe the factor that the Pocket + Dock does cover off the machine off via OpenFPGA.

Gotta say it's really cool to see the first Analogue system with a built in optical drive.

Comment

Systems haven’t sold out but seemingly Amazon were out of stock of the controllers within minutes. Completely forgot to order any, too

Pretty sure there’ll be a restock before the systems start shipping, and I’m not without controllers I can use on it, but still!

Comment

I’m going to be a Heathen and forego wireless and use my wired PCE Mini rapid fire pad with it just for the proper retro feel.

I’m a wee bit post purchase worried that I won’t be able to just whack all the games on an SD card, but I’m under the impression this has been an option on all their other systems. I absolutely can’t go back down the route of buying original software again outside of maybe two games!

Comment

Ever since it was announced, I started picking up a few shooters to play on it , fast forward and now I have this lot to finally enjoy on the system.

Just gotta wait for it to arrive now

The Jpn version did look sexy but went with the USA version as its the same colour as my other systems under the TV.

Comment

You are living a most noble existence.

Comment

There still hasn’t been a jailbreak of the latest MegaSG and SuperNT firmware so I am a little concerned there’s no jailbreak coming for the Duo.

Comment

There’s a thing, have they actually said when they’re expected to ship apart from 2023?

Comment

Welcome to the Analogue buying experience.

Nothing concrete currently, and if I'm being honest I will be surprised if it ships 2023 at all.

Comment

If I get a shipping notice before I hear Auld Lang Syne I’ll consider it a victory.

Comment

To avoid disappointment expect March 2024.

At the earliest

Comment

The FAQs say an Everdrive will fit but you might have to remove any additional covers. I'm fine with that and a few CDRs if the jailbreak doesn't happen

Comment

Working...
                                X