No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pocket did arrive in the timeframe I was given being in the second tranche so fingers crossed.

Comment

If you didn’t manage to order a matching 8bitDo pad yesterday they’re available direct from the manufacturer with free international shipping.

Comment

Just noticing from the renders of the system with a HuCard inserted that you're defo not going to be able to play original copies of Populous or SFII on this, or use an everdrive.

EDIT: I take that back actually, looks like there's a raised section in the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          If you didn’t manage to order a matching 8bitDo pad yesterday they’re available direct from the manufacturer with free international shipping.
          They also have a PCE Core edition, which to my mind looks nicer than the TG16 ones that Analogue are pointing people to buy on Amazon! Result.

Comment

Agreed. I went for the off white model to match my Duo-R style er, Duo.

Comment

I see you can still order this 3 days later then

Not quite as popular as the pocket then I suppose you need a good collection to make it worth buying

Comment

New "Glow" variant announced

For sale: Sep 1st, 8am PDT
                Shipping: Sep 5th, 8am PDT

Comment

Are these any good? I think I'd read there were QA issues maybe, or devices were cracking?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    I see a lot of angry people online, because they're just about to get their regular version

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Are these any good? I think I'd read there were QA issues maybe, or devices were cracking?
                      I had a go in one a few weeks back. The hardware seemed nice and premium, with a nice weight to it. There have been some people with build/durability issues, though.

The screen scales GB/GBC games perfectly. Everything else not so much. I’m in no rush to replace our MiyooMini devices because I don’t really think FPGA accuracy is at all essential for old handheld games, mainly due to the real hardware being extremely laggy. I also find LCD pixel grid filters to be extremely important when chasing and improving upon the original look, which the Pocket can’t do yet outside of GB/GBC.

I’m also not paying in full then waiting a year before getting my stuff.

Comment

There’s also the ethics of the company to take into consideration. If they were all about preserving the past then they wouldn’t put stuff out in limited runs. I’d have picked up both a Super NT and a Mega SG at some point down the line, maybe, but not secondhand from some twat for 3X-4X the RRP.

I don’t know where they go once they’ve exhausted their runs of all the old consoles if they’re actually serious about keeping things limited.

Comment

They just make new and improved versions. Super NT 2, which has OpenFPGA compatibility and 4K output. Mega SG 2, now with Mega CD compatibility and an optical drive, etc.

Comment

Got an email about all Pocket accessories being back in stock and shipping right away, but that of course doesn't mean the "new" accessories like the 3x adapter (Lynx / NGPC / HuCard). Good if anyone wants a hard case or a Game Gear adaptor, I guess?

Comment

Now that I have a growing PCE collection again I'm swithering whether to put an order in again on the Duo. I don't suppose any units have went out for review yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Now that I have a growing PCE collection again I'm swithering whether to put an order in again on the Duo. I don't suppose any units have went out for review yet?
                                I haven't heard any news about Analogue Duo early impressions or updates about shipping.

However I'm still super excited about getting mine, for me it's the perfect upgrade from an RGB modded PCE running an Everdrive via a Framemeister.

Comment

Working...
                                X