No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s happening with the ****ing duos?!????

Comment

This is the Analogue experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        What’s happening with the ****ing duos?!????
        Same! I've got my 8bitdo PCE pads waiting patiently for it

I feel bad for anyone who's got the regular Pocket on order, it seems a bit disingenuous that they can't ship those orders in 2 weeks but if you want one with a different case every now and then that's fine

Comment

Caved and just ordered a clear Pocket. First time ordering direct from Analogue (Super Nt I got on here and Mega Sg I got from Hyperdub), so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Oh you got the Hyperdub SG? That’s cool.

Clear would have been my choice too. I had a clear Pocket back in the day.

Comment

Incoming announcement October 16th ….. apparently

Comment

Probably more limited edition Pockets. With a PCE colour scheme.

Comment

Came today. Very straightforward and quick in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Oh you got the Hyperdub SG? That’s cool.

Clear would have been my choice too. I had a clear Pocket back in the day.
                    Yeah, it's a great little piece of kit. My brother was here just after I got it and was very keen to have a look, as he's big into Kode9, Burial, etc.
                    Last edited by endo; 12-10-2023, 08:15.

Comment

Yeah the music cart that came with it seemed genuinely great. I wish I had bought one actually but oh well.

Really like the look of the clear Pocket as well.

Comment

I’m going with the announcement next week being Neo Geo related. It’s the last system of that era they’ve yet to really tackle. Maybe the Analogue Duo can actually play games from two systems? Neo Geo CD support?

Comment

With the price of Neo Geo games these days, I certainly couldn’t see it being home cart related as that would be even more niche than the Duo, which they still haven’t closed preorders on. So yeah, maybe dual (Duo) compatibility with the Neo CD library, and ideally it could just run all the AES library from a memory stick which would kind of make it my dream retro system.

Comment

I think you guys have it right. The text used for the date announcement is beigey gold too, which is Neo Geo ish.

Comment

Mega CD might be an easy win for them with the Duo?

Comment

The more I think about it the more I'm expecting it to be a software thing rather than new hardware. That the Duo still has open pre-orders and should be shipping imminently (ha ha ha, ho ho ho) would suggest to me that they've probably undergone some work to bolster the product offering. I'd certainly love NGCD or MCD, and at least in the case of MCD I don't think there's ever a world in which they could justify doing that system either as a standalone device or even as an add-on for the Mega SG given that's all but discontinued.

Comment

Working...
                                X