No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a nice looking machine, but nothing can compare to the PCE CD ROM briefcase combo

Comment

Looks excellent. Eagerly awaiting the 2.0 update for the Pocket which will add those scanline filters...supposedly before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Looks excellent. Eagerly awaiting the 2.0 update for the Pocket which will add those scanline filters...supposedly before Christmas
        They’re cutting a bit fine. Give that the Pocket and Duo are pretty much the same hardware I wonder if the Duo will receive another update this year too?

Comment

I would honestly be surprised if we even get the Pocket update they've announced, let alone a surprise Duo one as well!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I would honestly be surprised if we even get the Pocket update they've announced, let alone a surprise Duo one as well!

Comment

Finally got a chance to get the Duo setup. I do like the design of the system it is very reminiscent of the Duo R especially the colour. It feels kind of light but reasonably sturdy, the rubberised base is a nice touch. Found a SD card and applied the firmware update. Weird that the firmware update for the 8bitDo pad is under Analogue Dock rather than the controllers own support page.
              In operation this really is just an Analogue Pocket & Dock in a different box. The UI really needs refined for this Duo scaled up to a large screen it looks a bit out of place but is simple to navigate and use.
              First up I went for 1943 and this was for two reasons. It's a solid shooter and it has a high resolution vertical (psuedo tate) mode which is easily accessible from the options menu. The game looks and sound great in both the H and V modes. I went to change the palette to see how the composite palette looked but discovered that is the default setting. Switching over to the RGB palette was quite a change it's a lot more saturated for want of a better description. I'm using straight up 1080p output with no filters or scanline stuff enabled. Think I'll stick with the composite for the time being.
              After that it was on to Rondo of Blood. Similarly this looked and sounded great on the big screen. The wireless controller feels pretty good in the hand if a bit light. I'll probably keep that for platformers etc but keep using an old wired stick for shooters.
              So far so good. A few firmware updates will surely have this 100% in time.
              Last edited by CMcK; 25-12-2023, 12:52.

Comment

So far I've only played Dracula X and I'm pretty happy with how that looks with CRT Trinitron, fine aperture, soft edges for a scanlined look like my old Sony KV21WS.

Updated the 8bitdo pads so they don't need the usb dongle too and running the latest 1.1b firmware on the Duo

Comment

I’ve been having a great time with it though I have found one HuCard that won’t run, Violent Soldier. fuse can you test with your copy?

Comment

Shall do, but it won’t be till later this week - I’m at the in laws until Wednesday so haven’t had a chance to set this up at all yet!

Comment

I've read a couple of comments where people have got games running by forcing the correct region as opposed to leaving it to auto-detect. Could be worth a try?

How are people powering this? I realised pretty quickly it isn't going to run off an Apple charger like the others do. I'm currently using an adapter I bought for my old toothbrush, but I'd like something more permanent!

Comment

I'm just using the supplied plug with a travel adapter, like my old Framemeister

Comment

Excellent bit of advice RE the region force there, resolved the issue with Violent Soldier. All my games are Japanese anyway so will just leave it set to the region.

Did find another issue yesterday in that all the backgrounds would corrupt for boss fights in Crest Of Wolf. Will maybe try another play through later to see if this also resolves that.

As for power, l'm just using a shaver adapter I got from Amazon, although it's a bit fancier with a couple of USB ports which are handy for recharging things as well.

Comment

Yep, I was using a travel adapter with the one that came with my Pocket Dock while I owned it. No issues as it is multi voltage.

Comment

Picked up a Turbo Everdrive to use with the Duo and it doesn’t work. Looks like I’ll be waiting for an update from Analogue to resolve this. Considering they mention compatibility with the Everdrive in their FAQs this is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Picked up a Turbo Everdrive to use with the Duo and it doesn’t work. Looks like I’ll be waiting for an update from Analogue to resolve this. Considering they mention compatibility with the Everdrive in their FAQs this is disappointing.
                                I'm using the Library workaround on 1.1b firmware to boot my v1.2 Everdrive
                                • SD card to enable Library support
                                • Boot up a hucard game
                                • Quit game
                                • Remover hucard, insert Everdrive
                                • Go to Library and select previous hucard game
                                • Everdrive boots to menu as usual
                                Not ideal but at least it works and you only have to do it once per boot up of the Duo. I hope this works with later models.

Comment

Working...
                                X