Recommend me some action RPG and dungeon crawlers for NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some action RPG and dungeon crawlers for NES

Guys, recommend me some action RPG and dungeon crawlers for NES.

Do you want english/western stuff or is suff from Japan fine too?

Comment

So you're looking for games like Faxanadu and Wizardry?

For action RPGs/Dungeon Crawlers specifically:
      • Faxanadu is a fantastic sidescrolling action RPG that everyone should play. It's one my favourite games on the system.
      • Crystalis is another fun action RPG, this time from SNK. You can play this on the SNK collection.
      • Romancia, also known as Dragon Slayer Jr has a fan translation.
      • The Megami Tensei games got their start on the Famicom. They're probably extremely grindy but could be fun to veg out and unwind with.

Other Non-action/Dungeon Crawler games I'd recommend:
      • Sugoru Quest is a really fun boardgame RPG. I highly recommend this.
      • Just Breed as an absolute beast of an SRPG. It was a late release and until recently wasn't even playable on an Everdrive. It also uses the expanded audio capabilities of the Famicom so it doesn't sound quite right on a NES sadly.
      • Destiny of an Emperor is an interesting three kingdoms inspired RPG from Capcom. I haven't played it yet but it looks cool.
      • Chaos World is a fun RPG from Natsume. The music gets blood pumping from the getgo!
      • The Glory of Heracles games seem to be well regarded in Japan. They're Dragon Quest clones from what I can gather.
      • Lagrange Point is an RPG from Konami and the only game to use the VRC7 for expanded sound.
      • Sweet Home from Capcom, a survival horror RPG that influenced Resident Evil.
      • Final Fantasy 1 & 3 and Dragon Warrior 1, 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Do you want english/western stuff or is suff from Japan fine too?
        I'll take anything really, but preferably English language. I'm happy to learn of any worthy Japanese titles too though.
        [MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION] ah thanks, man. That's a great post.
        Last edited by hudson; 07-03-2020, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          I'll take anything really, but preferably English language. I'm happy to learn of an worthy Japanese titles too though.
          @Cepp ah thanks, man. That's a great post.
          No worries mate, there's a lot of fun RPGs on the NES and a good chunk have fan translations these days as well.

Comment

Rambo. It's a side-scrolling action-RPG akin to Zelda II.

Comment

Working...
            X