Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Does this tutorial work for RG350?
    The SD image files won’t work with an RG-350 as they have been configured especially for the M.

The same guy has done SD image files for EmulationStation on the RG-350 if this is of interest:

Comment

**** me, ANBERNIC are on-the-ball. I ordered an RG351M from their official vendor via eBay, from China, on the 29th - and it just arrived! 5 days!

Comment

New Anbernic device review coming next week. Its a cutie.

Comment

Honestly I've been so impressed with the RG351M that I'm considering liquidating everything pre-PS2 that I have, and using those funds to buy a Pi, with case and some kind of arrangement for wireless joypads. The intent is to get a Mister box but I think I might get the Pi and use that for a couple of years until the kinks are ironed out.

I want to get everything I'd want on a single box, with a nice interface, and good, wireless pads.

Comment

Nvidia Shield might meet your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Honestly I've been so impressed with the RG351M that I'm considering liquidating everything pre-PS2 that I have, and using those funds to buy a Pi, with case and some kind of arrangement for wireless joypads. The intent is to get a Mister box but I think I might get the Pi and use that for a couple of years until the kinks are ironed out.

I want to get everything I'd want on a single box, with a nice interface, and good, wireless pads.
              Might as well get a Mister now, Retroarch announced this week that's is going to release on Mister next. It's going to use the inbuilt Arm chip. You'll soon be able to emulate those missing arcade Cores and then delete once the FPGA core is written.

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                Might as well get a Mister now, Retroarch announced this week that's is going to release on Mister next. It's going to use the inbuilt Arm chip. You'll soon be able to emulate those missing arcade Cores and then delete once the FPGA core is written.
                Ooooh, sounds good. Will probably do this instead. How much are those boxes?

Comment

Ooooh, sounds good. Will probably do this instead. How much are those boxes?
                  I ordered the basic DE10 Nano for about £110 delivered, it came with an SD Card. If you have a 360/Xbox 1X/PS4 pad you'll just need a 32MB ram expansion (around £20-£30), a USB hub (£7/£8 from Amazon) and an HDMI cable.

It comes with brass legs and plastic protectors.

Many other accessories can be bought but you can do 90% of stuff with the above 👍

Comment

Dammit! The more I read the more I want one of these.

I've an urge to play Micro Machines V3 at the moment and it would be great to be able to do that handheld!!

Comment

Very nearly bought one of these at the weekend, but always do the usual going in circles of wondering if I should get the P or M version, or a PowKiddy or a Pi kit.

Now we've got a Mister involved, I'll never make a bloody decision!

Comment

No regrets with the RG350M. I usually lose interest in handheld systems fairly quickly but it’s become my go to for retro gaming over my RPi setup for most games.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Very nearly bought one of these at the weekend, but always do the usual going in circles of wondering if I should get the P or M version, or a PowKiddy or a Pi kit.

Now we've got a Mister involved, I'll never make a bloody decision!
                          Powkiddy doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as an Anbernic, especially the M variants.

There are millions of cheap Chinese handhelds on the market and the Anbernic models are quite a few cuts above the rest IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            No regrets with the RG350M. I usually lose interest in handheld systems fairly quickly but it’s become my go to for retro gaming over my RPi setup for most games.
                            Yeah, as a generalisation, the RG350/1/M/P are broadly equivalent. The plastic versions are fantastic, the metal versions are worth the premium.

The only decision I think you need to make is what you want to play.

If your primary interest is GBA, go with the 351 family. The GBA looks fantastic given the wider screen (which allows for a perfect 2x integer scale), and weirdly the Neo Geo Pocket Color looks best on this one too (which is why I went for it).

If your primary interest is home consoles, go for the 350 family, because of the higher-res squarer screen. Only quirk is that the 351 is faster hardware so slightly better at PS1 games.

In my case I was better with the 351M, because on these handhelds I tend to want to play handheld games; I might boot up the occasional MD/SNES game but it isn't the reason I buy them.

Comment

Only quirk is that the 351 is faster hardware so slightly better at PS1 games.
                              Do PS1 games display okay on the 351 screen? I had to fiddle with the scaling options on my RG-350M to get PSX4All to take advantage of the full resolution as, until I did, mission screens displayed in high res mode were illegible in games such as a Colony Wars 3 and Command & Conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                Do PS1 games display okay on the 351 screen? I had to fiddle with the scaling options on my RG-350M to get PSX4All to take advantage of the full resolution as, until I did, mission screens displayed in high res mode were illegible in games such as a Colony Wars 3 and Command & Conquer.
                                It varies. This ties in to what I said above; console games simply weren't designed for handhelds on a purely practical level, so it's not so much about screen shape but rather size. Though, admittedly, due to being SD, older console games tended to have larger text so it often balances out.

I spent a bit of time playing Front Mission 3 and I can tell you that was playable, and being an SRPG, that's quite text-heavy. Back when I tried that on the 350M, I saw some slowdown in the combat scenes which is not present on the 351. Though slowdown can be hard to judge on some platforms as in some cases, the console is faithfully re-creating slowdown that existed in the original product.

Comment

Working...
                                X