ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddy View Post
    Ok, not 100% sure how I got this to work, but…

I think maybe running the IVES image first configured connection details. I didn't try entering my serial/key on the US version. I got a GDI image of an EU PSOv2 and used that, entered the serial/key and just hit connect. The game said it was dialling the modem and I figured this is where it'd bail, but it connected straight to Sylverant. Hence me thinking running the IVES image pre-configured the settings.
    That is awesome!!

Comment

Dammit - trundled along in Headhunter past the warehouse, gas station, rooftop battle, licenses C and B and then it won't load the next area. Was really enjoying it too but seem to have hit the support limit.

Comment

Watched through Taki Udon’s two reviews of the RG-552 (Linux & Android). Bit underwhelmed, disappointed even, by the RG-552. It has a lot going for it: the premium build quality Anbernic are renowned for, the controls including d-position (why so many other handheld manufacturers insist on offset d-pads for devices primarily for retro gaming is beyond me), the fact that it can run Linux when 99% of its competitors only run Android, the 5:3 screen (would prefer 4:3 but I get there are customers wanting PSP emulation). But it falls so short with the Linux firmware by the looks of it, and the design has some odd choices with the ugly vent on the back and the fan positioned directly where your hands would grip the device.

Maybe the firmware/emulation will improve on the Linux side after time, but for someone who doesn’t care for any of the Android devices doing the rounds, it is the RG-351MP which is the one I am most interested in even if the chipset is a bit long in the tooth.

Comment

It may not be the Analogue Pocket but it still rocks (Once custom firmware is added)
          RG351MP with 351ELEC custom firmware review.

Comment

You must have a drawer full of these handhelds, Yakumo!

There's also a key to a door you no longer use, a charger for an old Nokia, a mouse connector USB convertor and a 16Mb Compact Flash memory card.

Comment

It's all in the garage, next to the bag of cement (gone hard).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                You must have a drawer full of these handhelds, Yakumo!

There's also a key to a door you no longer use, a charger for an old Nokia, a mouse connector USB convertor and a 16Mb Compact Flash memory card.
                Lol, I actually sell most of them. This RG351MP was posted yesterday to a buyer. Got 15500 yen for it
                Im just not a handheld gamer..

Comment

I'm now starting on Donkey Kong 64. It's a recipe for disappointment as I'd hate to het hours in and it bug out again but I'm genuinely curious as to how much the handheld can be stretched going through a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    I'm now starting on Donkey Kong 64. It's a recipe for disappointment as I'd hate to het hours in and it bug out again but I'm genuinely curious as to how much the handheld can be stretched going through a game.
                    I'd just be caining PSO with muddy if I had a 351MP. My missus got me a 350M for Christmas last year so you can guess how the conversation about getting the MP went... I will have to bide my time if I am to get one.

Comment

I'm really liking this one. It's the RG351M wood edition. It feels nice, preforms well and has an awesome screen.

Comment

Do you mean RG351V, not M?

Most handhelds have stuck to the Game Gear orientation ever since.
                        Do you think we've moved on from the Game Boy style screen above the buttons or is it actually more comfortable to play?

Comment

I find it interesting, to me the GB orientation was always hugely more uncomfortable than the horizontal layout

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            I find it interesting, to me the GB orientation was always hugely more uncomfortable than the horizontal layout
                            I agree in general, but the original DMG was fat enough to not be an issue. The Pocket/Light/Colour models were uncomfortable to play for long periods.

I guess the V model has the nostalgic look and feel about it which adds something.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              I'm really liking this one. It's the RG351M wood edition. It feels nice, preforms well and has an awesome screen.
                              Are you using any overlays there? I really like the look of these:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Do you mean RG351V, not M?

Most handhelds have stuck to the Game Gear orientation ever since.
                                Do you think we've moved on from the Game Boy style screen above the buttons or is it actually more comfortable to play?
                                Oops, yeah I mean the V, not M. I do think the larger units like this are comfortable to hold but those with Xbox Duke style hands would probably prefer a horizontal layout.

Comment

Working...
                                X