ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, Dave.
    Wasn't particularly bullying you into tech support, just cataloguing my experience!

It's a lovely little machine and if I can suss out where Onion wants the various ROMs and bios files, I'll be golden.

I moved the CPS files to the folder within ROMS\Arcade, refreshed the games list and they're all in there, but some of them (like Gigawing) don't work, so again, more tinkering is required.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Cheers, Dave.
      Wasn't particularly bullying you into tech support, just cataloguing my experience!

It's a lovely little machine and if I can suss out where Onion wants the various ROMs and bios files, I'll be golden.

I moved the CPS files to the folder within ROMS\Arcade, refreshed the games list and they're all in there, but some of them (like Gigawing) don't work, so again, more tinkering is required.
      It's fine, I like to help. Maybe it'll help any other future lurkers as well.

I always have issues with the odd ROM every now and then when dabbling with software emulation (this is another reason why I'm so happy with the MiSTer). Usually, all it takes is sourcing a ROM from somewhere else. I'm pretty certain Gigawing is one of the games already on this one here.

The MiyooMini Reddit is also a good place to ask questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/MiyooMini/

Comment

Two operating systems, great compatibility, and looks like a SNES pad.
        Anbernic RG353P full review - 60fps

Comment

AMD CPU | Ultra-light & thin | OLED | Small Hall Joystick & Hall Trigger | Customizable Buttons | Check out 'AYANEO AIR: First Ultra thin OLED Windows Handheld' on Indiegogo.

Ayaneo Air has 12 days left of funding on Indiegogo and looks really good!

There's an Air and Air Pro model with varying prices, depending on configuration, but you're looking at between £500 and £820.

AYANEO AIR 5560U+8G+128G£410 GBP

AYANEO AIR 5560U+16G+256G
          £468 GBP

AYANEO AIR 5560U+16G+512G
          £493 GBP

AYANEO AIR PRO 5560U+16G+512G
          £534 GBP

Early Bird: PRO 5560U+16G+1T
          £591 GBP

AYANEO AIR PRO 5825U+16G+512G
          £739 GBP

Early Bird: PRO 5825U+16G+1T
          £797 GBP

Early Bird: PRO 5825U+16G+1T
          £822 GBP

Seems to handle most things thrown at it!

Biggest complaint seems to be the 1 hour battery life, but it's a valid competitor to the Steamdeck.

Comment

That seems very expensive when you take things like the Steam deck in to account.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              That seems very expensive when you take things like the Steam deck in to account.
              I think it's trying to be more portable than the Steamdeck.

Comment

Does that not seem kind of irrelevant when you couldn’t really stick either in your pocket though?

Comment

Nah, there's older stuff like the Win3 which hits the same notes without the level of compromise also available. Unless your aiming for a high performing but sub-£100 system the Deck has pretty much wiped the use of this market out

Comment

Cheers, Dave.

I'm finally on with setting this up for the boy.

Onion v4 has released since our last posts, bringing a good number of improvements and UI updates. Have you had the chance to install it yet?

I also spent considerable time within the PICO-8 launcher last night. I think PICO-8 will be right up your street...

PICO-8 is a fantasy console for making, sharing and playing tiny games and other computer programs.

This is where stuff like Celeste was first given life, and the Mini can play these carts. Try to give this one a 'quick' go ( ): https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=21515#p

The carts are actually PNG images!

Comment

I think I might actually try building my own game.

Comment

That Combo Pool game is really cool.

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] No, I've not updated as it's been working OK, but not perfect, so may have a look.

I have been really happy with it though and am pleased I've persevered with it.

Just lost 10 minutes to the browser version of combo pool!

Comment

@dataDave No, I've not updated as it's been working OK, but not perfect, so may have a look.

I have been really happy with it though and am pleased I've persevered with it.

Just lost 10 minutes to the browser version of combo pool!
                            EDIT: 102150 is the current score to beat...
                            Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-11-2022, 15:44.

Comment

Birthday’s coming up so I’m hovering around these bloody things again

I mostly play MD and CPS/neogeo with the occasional SNES game. I’m not fussed about PS1/N64/PSP but I’m pleasantly surprised to see DC and especially Saturn emulation coming along nicely. I have a PS Vita which is decent and the dpad is lovely but SNES isn’t full speed and I don’t like the tiny face buttons.

I’m really interested in the new RG353V but find myself leaning more towards the older, cheaper RG351V which Yakumo reviewed a few pages back.

Whenever I start to settle on one of these devices, I’ll spot a better model for just a bit more and then suddenly I’m in the ¥20,000 range(£120)!

I’m not the type to keep waiting for a newer device but I feel it makes more sense to get something lower end now - almost all of the decent ones can handle the 2D stuff I’ll be playing - and trade up later on when DC/Saturn emulation matures.

I really like the look of the Miyoo Mini but I’m worried it might be too small!

Comment

You’ve timed it just right - RG353M just launched. Once you go metal all the other handhelds will seem like cheapo crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X