No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it. I have never seen it on anything except the NGPC. It vaguely resembles the joystick on the back of some monitors that's used for navigating the brightness, etc, settings, but you'd hardly want to use one of those for gaming!

I think if someone wanted to start manufacturing one of those they'd need to do it from scratch which I reckon would be outside the scope the Miyoo, Anbernics etc in terms of cost.

It would be great if someone did though. Such a superb input mechanism.

Comment

I had my Miyoo Mini with me and ended up in an arcade and couldn't resist a cheeky snap!

Comment

I've been messing around trying to put a new firmware on my RG350M today and now for some reason it won't power on. I'm guessing that even if I've made an arse of the firmware the unit should still switch on? I had another SD card with an older firmware which I also tried but still no joy, anyone experienced anything similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I've been messing around trying to put a new firmware on my RG350M today and now for some reason it won't power on. I'm guessing that even if I've made an arse of the firmware the unit should still switch on? I had another SD card with an older firmware which I also tried but still no joy, anyone experienced anything similar?
          I had a problem once with my RG350M where it wouldn't come on; I had to plug it in for several hours. It looked like it wasn't charging but it did eventually come on.

Comment

The charging light isn't even coming on now, so I'm wondering if maybe the port is knackered.

Comment

Sooooo.

I managed to get the Adam image running after god knows how much faffing about. You would think after it had been up and running it would just work every time you switched the machine on, but no. I don't know what the hell is up with it, but I think I'm just going to revert to the crappy one I had on there before that while visually crap, at least it works every time. Frustrating day.

Comment

Software emulation can be a ****ter at the best of times, where trying to get things set up as 'perfectly' as possible is the real game. Glad I put those days behind me.

Comment

Miyoo Mini+ Finally Gets Release Date And New Colors: March 1st

Set your calendars fellow handheld lovers, because Miyoo has stated that we can expect to purchase our Miyoo Mini + consoles on March 1st!

Comment

Anything bigger than the existing 2.8" and it's going to suffer from lack of screen filters. Seeing as it's utterly impossible to buy another Mini at the moment they're probably going to end up being scalped into the sun anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Anything bigger than the existing 2.8" and it's going to suffer from lack of screen filters. Seeing as it's utterly impossible to buy another Mini at the moment they're probably going to end up being scalped into the sun anyway.
                      Yeah, it's weird. The nice thing about these devices is they come in loads of shapes and sizes, so people can pick what suits them.

In my case, I'm more interested in the smaller unit purely because the Switch/Steam Deck fill out any use I have for larger units.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Yeah, it's weird. The nice thing about these devices is they come in loads of shapes and sizes, so people can pick what suits them.

In my case, I'm more interested in the smaller unit purely because the Switch/Steam Deck fill out any use I have for larger units.
                        The Miyoo Mini is honestly the perfect form for a small handheld. It’s almost identical in dimensions with a pack of playing cards, in fact people are using playing card cases for storage (I’ve got a nice leather one ready for mine). It’s just very frustrating that they’re being scalped harder than 3080s/PS5s combined.

At least my kid is sorted with one, the little bast!

Comment

Really like these devices. The next gen is even more impressive but a bit pricey. Sometimes I can't believe how far technology has come and how quickly because some of it is so impressive in terms of portable emulation.

Its great how they're obviously made for gamers in that they focus on the d pad, buttons and screen but they're also rinsing everyone with the two steps forward one back up sell method. Gotta collect em all! Remember how crappy the original Dingoo was in that respect? Thats what makes it all so cool as this stuff is so high quality now.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Isn't the new model's screen also 4:3 and 640x480? Apologies in advance for my ignorance as I never dabbled in emulation much.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              Isn't the new model's screen also 4:3 and 640x480? Apologies in advance for my ignorance as I never dabbled in emulation much.
                              Yep. The bigger the screen the more blocky those pixels become. The smaller screen just about gets away with not needing any scanlines or LCD matrix effect overlay.

Originally posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
                              Its great how they're obviously made for gamers in that they focus on the d pad.
                              The d-pad on the Miyoo is near useless outside of RPGs and anything else that doesn’t depend on diagonals. They look and feel great, but don’t play anywhere near as well as they should, unfortunately.

With that in mind I’m not really losing any sleep over not being able to order one right now.

Comment

Thats a bit poopy as they do look good. Anbernic seem to have that part sussed though and thats who I was speaking about as they seem to make the best quality products. Eventually they'll make one with all the good bits in one device.

Comment

Working...
                                X