No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the recent Anbernic device that has the GBASP form factor, and after a fixing an initial issue (it wasn't charging correctly; I had to disconnect/reconnect the battery) it's been fantastic. Great little unit.

I've liked a few of these things; I loved the RG350M for example. But I've bought the SP with a policy that it has no case, no protection, and just goes directly into the bag when I go somehwere. It's gonna get scuffed and beat-up but that's the point; it gets like that so my Steam Deck doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I got the recent Anbernic device that has the GBASP form factor, and after a fixing an initial issue (it wasn't charging correctly; I had to disconnect/reconnect the battery) it's been fantastic. Great little unit.

I've liked a few of these things; I loved the RG350M for example. But I've bought the SP with a policy that it has no case, no protection, and just goes directly into the bag when I go somehwere. It's gonna get scuffed and beat-up but that's the point; it gets like that so my Steam Deck doesn't
      I've got one of those. I'll be making a video about it next week. Can't say my initial impressions are good. The build quality is not up to the usual Anbernic standards and it lacks power to run PSP and Dreamcast at a solid 60fps. Or at least with the stock firmware.
      The screen on it though is very nice! No complaints about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

I've got one of those. I'll be making a video about it next week. Can't say my initial impressions are good. The build quality is not up to the usual Anbernic standards and it lacks power to run PSP and Dreamcast at a solid 60fps. Or at least with the stock firmware.
        The screen on it though is very nice! No complaints about that.
        Yeah, I got it knowing about the PSP/DC thing, but then, it doesn't have analog sticks and I got it knowing that. I just wanted something that could do GB/C/A, SNES, MD and NGPC. Anything else is a bonus.

It's feels a step up over the Powkiddy GBASP design.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Yeah, I got it knowing about the PSP/DC thing, but then, it doesn't have analog sticks and I got it knowing that. I just wanted something that could do GB/C/A, SNES, MD and NGPC. Anything else is a bonus.

It's feels a step up over the Powkiddy GBASP design.
          Fair enough 👍
          The Pow Kiddy stuff are rather weak I think. But yeah, this is a step above the Pow Kiddy GBASP design for sure.

Comment

Checkout the review of the "Anbernic RG35XXSP Stock Firmware Review" video now on YouTube.

Comment

You must have a drawer full of these things by now, Yakumo.
              The drawer with the key to a house you no longer live at, some drachma banknotes and instructions to a telly you binned 14 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                You must have a drawer full of these things by now, Yakumo.
                The drawer with the key to a house you no longer live at, some drachma banknotes and instructions to a telly you binned 14 years ago.
                Lol, I like that. Most of these things get sold on or given away. I'm very popular with my son's friends 😂

Comment

Working...
                X