No announcement yet.

ANBERNIC Gaming Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii?!? What, you gonna wave the Anbernic around to control it? And in which pocket are you gonna stick the balance board?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      never ending circle.
      aaaAAAaaaah aaaAAAaaaah aaaAAAaaaah!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        I just want my GC/Wii emulation level reached cheaply
        I think we may still be quite some way off for that

Comment

It's a shame, saw an article the other day showing how someone had modded a Wii board into something similar to a GBC shell and it looked great. You lose the motion control but for Pro Controller type games like Mario Kart Wii it looked like it worked great.

I might see where things settle when the next few iterations of DC supporting handhelds come out and then take the plunge.

Comment

Trouble is there is always some sort of compromise; Chinese manufacturers push the boundaries in terms of power/capability (for example, OGA and clones) and then regress in other areas such as controls and screen (all OGA devices so far have been 3:2 aspect ratio). It’s taken how many years for the first mass-market, consumer-quality console, the RG-350M, to appear? And how many more years will it take until a manufacturer realises that sticking an RPi4 equivalent in a similarly designed case, ensuring the controls are good quality and in the right positions (ie d-pad up top), using a 4:3 aspect IPS, and a back end made up of Retropie is what the market wants?

My expectation is that, like the RG-350M, it will take many more years for this evolution despite the technology being there already. I will wait a little longer to see what develops as the prospect of Shenmue on the go is truly mouthwatering for me, but my finger is hovering over the “buy” button for the RG-350M and acceptance that PSX emulation is as good as it gets right now. For me it’s the controls, screen and build quality that matter most.
            Last edited by samanosuke; 02-09-2020, 05:58.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              Trouble is there is always some sort of compromise; Chinese manufacturers push the boundaries in terms of power/capability (for example, OGA and clones) and then regress in other areas such as controls and screen (all OGA devices so far have been 3:2 aspect ratio). It’s taken how many years for the first mass-market, consumer-quality console, the RG-350M, to appear? And how many more years will it take until a manufacturer realises that sticking an RPi4 equivalent in a similarly designed case, ensuring the controls are good quality and in the right positions (ie d-pad up top), using a 4:3 aspect IPS, and a back end made up of Retropie is what the market wants?

My expectation is that, like the RG-350M, it will take many more years for this evolution despite the technology being there already. I will wait a little longer to see what develops as the prospect of Shenmue on the go is truly mouthwatering for me, but my finger is hovering over the “buy” button for the RG-350M and acceptance that PSX emulation is as good as it gets right now. For me it’s the controls, screen and build quality that matter most.
              This is the thing. I went for the RG350M because it finally has all of the build quality/control aspects correct. So many of these devices just have crap controls, which is ridiculous, as that's supposed to be their USP!

Comment

When the RG351M hits that might be my breaking point

Comment

https://streamable.com/zm8qu5
                  When the RG351M hits that might be my breaking point
                  But it has a 3:2 aspect ratio...

Comment

Apparently the screen is expected to be changed for the M model

Comment

Apparently the screen is expected to be changed for the M model
                      Now I’m very intrigued!!!!!

Comment

I probably should’ve held out for a version that would hopefully give DC emulation but ordered an RG350M tonight. Went with the matte black from Droix and it comes with an additional fully set up 64Gb SD card. Looking forward to having a mess around with it and will be great for any down time at the shop!
                        Last edited by Colin; 07-09-2020, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I probably should’ve held out for a version that would hopefully give DC emulation but ordered an RG350M tonight. Went with the matte black from Droix and it comes with an additional fully set up 64Gb SD card. Looking forward to having a mess around with it and will be great for any down time at the shop!
                          I don't think you'll miss the DC emulation, if I'm honest.

Even for the PS1 emulation; it's been an interesting curio, but I keep coming back to GBA/SNES/MD games. There just aren't many PS1 games which are as fun on a tiny screen (though Front Mission 3 has put up a fight).

Comment

Does the RG350M have a sleep mode like the PSP used to have?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              Does the RG350M have a sleep mode like the PSP used to have?
                              Unfortunately no; this is one of the few things that let it down.

However, if you turn the screen brightness down, the lowest setting is "off", and as the screen is a very big drain on the power, this will significantly increase the battery life if you leave it on standby.

Bear in mind that every emulator has save-states, so you can save, turn it off, and resume from the instant you left off quite easily.

Comment

I’m irritated with this thing to an enormous level already.

How the **** do I get it to read from the TF2 memory card slot?

Comment

Working...
                                X