Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD retro VGM Playlist - Post ONE retro game music track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
    Or Prodigy’s Firestarter from Wipeout 2097. What a choon but doesn’t belong here IMO.
    I've got the entire Fat of the Land album as my custom soundtrack for BallisticNG.

Comment

Talking of R-Type, for me Chris Huelsbeck’s intro on the Amiga is surely one of the greatest video game tunes ever composed?
      Good, but not this good. How on earth did the man get this music out of the Amiga? It's something else

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Good, but not this good. How on earth did the man get this music out of the Amiga? It's something else

Niiiiice. Is this your entry [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          @dataDave, you're my rules man Are we allowing this? I know, I know, I didn't outline any real rules apart from "retro gaming". SFIII is retro, and then I said chip-music in the thread somewhere.

Anyway, I've updated the original post with some extra rules.
          Last edited by hudson; 27-07-2020, 13:17.

Comment

The game runs at 224p resolution, irrespective of the incorporated sound technology. That's retro enough for me.

Comment

A compromise:

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Niiiiice. Is this your entry [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION]?
                No, I live and die by SOUKY. Love that music on the Amiga mind, its incredible

Comment

No, I live and die by SOUKY. Love that music on the Amiga mind, its incredible
                  My prediction came true! I knew you’d be the one to crack and post more than one tune!

Comment

My prediction came true! I knew you’d be the one to crack and post more than one tune!
                    Well I was only saying what I thought was Chris best track. I stand by Souky mind

Comment

Well I was only saying what I thought was Chris best track. I stand by Souky mind
                      And you shall have your Souky, you beautiful disrupter. It wouldn't be a BD production without our characters shining through it

Comment

Wouldn’t even make my top three which would be:

1. R-Type - Intro
                        2. Turrican II - The Final Fight
                        3. Jim Power - Village

All Amiga versions of course.

It is a great track though - which Hueslbeck tune isn’t?

Comment

Jim Power, man. I liked that game. It even made it to PC Engine (Super CD-Rom) albeit without the eye melting parallax scrolling. I only played it on the Amiga, but this got ported to SNES, MD and even Amstrad CPC!

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the music from the first level of Violent Storm is easily one of the greatest gaming tunes of all time.
                            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Yes it is! Absolute class.......

Man wish I had thought about that!

Comment

You have to and the end credits music from the SFC game, Assault Suit Valken / Cybernator by NCS Misaya. That's an awesome track that sounds as if it was taken from a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X