Gaming Music Remixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming Music Remixes

So I just stumbled across this remix that was released earlier in the year...

Ever since the "Blood on the Asphalt Over Clocked Remix Album" I have been pretty obsessed with video game reinterpretations of those tunes that you cannot get out of your head giving a new lease of life to forgotten memories.

Some of these mixes on the OC album are spectacular a decade after they were produced and are great for workouts plus running as well, such is their tempo.

Akuma's deadly theme "Muder Instinct", Ryu's classic reinterpreted in "R U Overdrive", Fei Long's frenetic "Flying Heaven" and Ken's bombastic "Made in USA", plus "Mercenary Boxing" the greatest version of Balrog's theme ever.

Just type in any game literally any and you'll get different versions of your classic favorites. It really is an amazing site.

OverClocked ReMix is a video game music community with tons of fan-made ReMixes and information on video game music.

That new Guile tune is growing on me and the SFIV version is still awesome.

Feel the SFV direction ups the nostalgia quotient in favour of SFIV's more modern upbeat reinterpretation.

Le'Orchestra Cinematique produces some stellar stuff. The piano incidental is terrific work in this new version. Epic.
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 23-08-2020, 00:52.

Getting chills from this orchestral version of Secret of Mana opening.

This tribute to Guile and Ryu is intense. Chap is talented. Now I want an "Epic Mode" for SFVI.
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 22-08-2020, 21:58.

Comment

I love this remix of the excellent music from the Amiga game Onslaught.

Comment

Oh that's very good Leon, getting Psygnosis vibes from it, which brings me to a remix of Agony on the Amiga. The original piano is still brilliant.

Comment

This dude from Russia has awesome UT99 and Deus Ex remixes in general:

Comment

All good but you need to step your game up. wii shop music eurobeat edition is just perfection lol

Comment

Had to search for it after the other thread

Comment

The most hilarious and apt comment to the new Epic Guile theme is "All raise to the new national anthem".

Oh my word this techno guitar metal piece is...

Oh now this is great in a completely different direction...

Some of the best 16-bit music ever from this game by Yuzo Kushiro along with Castlevania IV.
                Last edited by CAPCOM; 24-08-2020, 13:40.

Comment

This is nice. Just need a couple of actors on the stage in costumes on a 2-D plane and you have created it in real time. The fact they played the character select screen kills me.

The Metal Gear Solid Medley feels different than the original in a more organic way.
                  Last edited by CAPCOM; 24-08-2020, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                    Oh my word this techno guitar metal piece is...
                    It's totally awesome!

Comment

This is rockin'...

Comment

Beat this Leon!

Comment

Here's another excellent tune from this dude.

Comment

MegaDriver do great covers of classic game tunes. This one is a fave.

Comment

Working...
                            X