Crazy Taxi: 7 votes
    Driver: 6 votes
    Sonic Adventure: 5 votes
    F-Zero X: 5 votes
    Crash Bandicoot: 2 votes

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I'll vote for:

F-Zero X: I've always liked the fast racing action, neon graphics, and metal soundtrack. It might be quite a basic looking game but I think it has a lot of charm.

Driver: I still prefer it to later games in the series'. It has a pick-up-and-play vibe about it that keeps me coming back for more.

Crash Bandicoot
      : A simple but clever take on the platforming genre. The graphics are still attractive and the design flair shines bright. Easily one of my favourite platformers from that era.
      Wot no Zelda!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        I
        It's always a joy to go back to. Such an exhilarating game that puts a smile on your face.
        The Offspring soundtrack was a stroke of genius and really added to the pace of the game. I’ve not played any subsequent re-releases without the soundtrack but I can imagine a proportion of the fun factor has diminished as a result.

Comment

This has made me want to play Driver: San Francisco again!
          It's BC on the One and I have the PS3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Wot no Zelda!?!?!?!
            I remember buying Ocarina of Time and thinking it was something special, but I mostly watched my brother play through it. Advenure & RPG games aren't really my cup of tea. There have only been a few that have grabbed me, such as Zelda: A Link to the Past and Skies of Arcadia.

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            The Offspring soundtrack was a stroke of genius and really added to the pace of the game.
            Yeah, the music fits the game perfectly, so it's an intrinsic part of the experience. I wouldn't want to play Crazy Taxi with a different soundtrack.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            This has made me want to play Driver: San Francisco again!
            It's BC on the One and I have the PS3 version.
            I quite enjoyed it on the 360, but got bored after a while and didn't go back to it. It's a well made game though.

The simplicity of the original still appeals to me these days.

Comment

Crazy Taxi was fun for a couple of hours, but once you'd rinsed the routes there was absolutely nothing left to it. Probably one of Sega's weakest arcade games, IMO.

My votes are for F-Zero X and Zelda.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Crazy Taxi was fun for a couple of hours, but once you'd rinsed the routes there was absolutely nothing left to it. Probably one of Sega's weakest arcade games, IMO.
                It's always been a game that I've played on and off, so I've never become an expert at it. It's definitely quite a limited game, but it was an attractive arcade experience back in the day. I play it for a laugh these days.. and to enjoy the feel good vibe.

Comment

Ocarina of Time: 10 votes
                  Crazy Taxi: 7 votes
                  Driver: 6 votes
                  F-Zero X: 6 votes
                  Sonic Adventure: 5 votes
                  Crash Bandicoot: 2 votes

The legendary Ocarina of Time stands majestically in the top spot. Crash Bandicoot fails to compete with the rest.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-08-2020, 11:29.

Comment

Working...
                  X